I need some opinions and advice.

Doing a build, I want to use this top,
rop_zpse39e9b11.jpg
with this neck.
neck_zps6db25b66.jpg
What color(s) should I do the top? And what body wood would you use? I have curly black limba, I also have ribbon sapele and flame anegrie.
As far as fretboard I am thinking of using the same board of the movingui and trimming a fretboard off it, or I also have ziricote, ebony, and indian rosewood.
Any other woods you would use? Which ones would you use of the ones available?

You've got a lot of movement going there, so I'd go with a little contrast, the ribbon sapele and ebony. For colors a tobacco burst would work very well the base color of wood you have--basically the same as the tiger eye already suggested--and I always love me a red with black burst color scheme.

SR

• Like 1

You've got a lot of movement going there, so I'd go with a little contrast, the ribbon sapele and ebony. For colors a tobacco burst would work very well the base color of wood you have--basically the same as the tiger eye already suggested--and I always love me a red with black burst color scheme.

SR

This is actually the way I have been leaning in my head. Doing the ribbon sapele back and staining it transparent black and having an ebony FB. I had been pondering the curly black limba body, but I think it will be too many figured woods on there.

Crazy - I don't do bindings on figured maple tops. I like the faux binding much better. Even when I do binding, I prefer to use wood to do it.

I've been thinking of doing a purple or indigo faded burst much like this.

6807_5e6a.jpeg

My suggestion is "don't ask someone's elses opinion on color". it's your ax, not theirs. Why dye/paint/whatever to please someone elses aesthetic sensibilities?

On a wood note, you would be ill advised to use a wavy-grained wood for the neck. It should be as straight-grained as possible with as little grain runout as possible. That isn't to say that a wavy-grained wood can't be stable, but that it's less likely to be.

I thought about that too. But I looked up Movingui's hardness and it is at 1230. Considering that African Mahogany is at 1395 and other neck woods used such as Limba (731) and Walnut (1010) I feel safe using this. Plus this piece is quartersawn.

Those of course could be famous last words too.

As far as the color, this guitar really isnt for me. It's going to be a demo guitar. So I am trying to have as much mass appeal as I can.

Color - that makes more sense. In that case, I love a tobacco sunburst with gold hardware. If it's dyed, a multi-tone sandback is always impressive, regardless of the color.

Wood - that may impact the wavy grain stability, it may not. I have no imperical data to argue either way. All I can be certain of is that in practice, the wavy is simply more prone to less stability. But do what you feel best. I sincerely hope it works out for oyu.