Ibanez sz redo

Thanks pro!! I'm guessing it was just my browser because right after it said "cleaning" it worked just like it should. 

To get this kinda back on topic I finished the nitro last night and it's hanging in the dining room. I figure I'll leave it there for a couple weeks before buffing it, I picked up my wood to replace the neck that I scrapped on my other build so that one should be moving along a little better now. 

There are still many bugs and transitional issues in mobile browsers. Whilst they're more or less able to render pages as well as desktops these days, they still have trouble with sites that utilise Asynchronous Javascript And XML (AJAX). It often causes browsers to gip a little and throw odd things out in front of you. Caching might exacerbate it, however often you simply can't find a reasonable answer. It makes a site admin's job worse trying to chase ghosts in other people's systems that are not of your making!

• 2 weeks later...

This bad boy is finished!!! Minus soldering the wiring that is. 

Yesterday i wet sanded 800,1200,1500 buffed with a polishing compound, got all the hardware on and glued the nut in. 

Holy crap I really hate wet sanding by the way, that took me forever and it's still not perfect but I'm happy with it. 

I would like to buy some all black hardware for it but I'm gonna have to get some money first. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScottR said:

That finish looks GREAT!

SR

Thank you sir! I am extremely happy with it!!

its also quite funny because we were talking about fret leveling on my other build and talking about how they will almost always need to be leveled, I put a straight edge on these last night and there isn't one that is higher than the other. I find it strange because i fretted both of these the exact same, radiused the fretboard the same, hammered them in the same, glued them the same, nothing was different and these were perfect from the start. I don't know maybe the different types of wood or something. Just found it interesting. 

Edited by 2.5itim

I guess that I couldn't get so lucky on not having to level the frets, I strung it up last night and I have a dead fret on the 17th. Only reason I could see this happening is the frets not being level, all the other frets sound great, and if I raise my bridge up to where the action is way high the dead fret clears up. 

• 1 month later...

I have finally finished this thing and I couldn't be happier!! 

Leveled the frets, crowned the fret, polished the frets, glued some veneer to go under the nut, glued on the nut, cleaned it, strung it up, tuned it and it was intonated perfectly without even messing with the bridge. 

I will like to replace the stock pups soon but we will see, money is kind of tight with needing to buy hardware for 2 other guitars at the moment. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1