help

penguin

dont know what you mean by "a set of screws". but there is a thing where you plug in a the chord to the bass.that thing that unscrews.is has one of those under each knob. dont know if that helps.

He's talking about set-screws. I'm not sure if I can describe them properly, but they're tiny screws that tighten the knob down to the shaft of the potentiometer.

not the positioner. the knobs.

What's a positioner?

Take a look at this (the picture showing a set screw especially.) Do you see the set screw on your knobs? Do your knobs look like any of those on that page? I wonder if there is anything different with your knobs that it's difficult to remove them. If they're just plain old knobs without a set screw, you should just be able to remove them using the method I described in my first response.

yes, very carefuly with force, just think of it as an egg stuck in a rubber cup or something, pull hard enough to get out, but carefully enough not to break it!!

Do we have an "explanation of the month" award? If so, I nominate Curtis for the egg stuck in a rubber cup.

if you can get between the knob and the body, try using a lever of some sort from two sides at once to lift it equally. Use a protective underlay so you don't scratch the finish around the knobs.

so long

ace

getta bit of string wraped round the bottom of it and applie upward pressure