Welp I made an abomination!

PRSpoggers

I strongly suggest you to join a guitar building course of some sort! Don't they have inexpensive public workshops with a tutor over there?

Not only am I referring to the misplacement of the parts, there's some serious lack of tonewood knowledge: That's not plywood, looks more like solid pine to me.

😜

13 hours ago, Invader Zim said:

What am I missing here?

It's a joke. People make what they call "Djent sticks" out of hockey sticks, or even shovels. Look up rob scallon and his djent stick. I'm going for something like his but this is all a big joke. I could get like a .62 gauge string and tune it drop F and djent away for a haha

15 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

I strongly suggest you to join a guitar building course of some sort! Don't they have inexpensive public workshops with a tutor over there?

Not only am I referring to the misplacement of the parts, there's some serious lack of tonewood knowledge: That's not plywood, looks more like solid pine to me.

😜

Well I did this as a impromptu joke to be honest. Have you ever watched Rob Scallon? He made this thing called a "djent shovel" where he took a shovel, and slapped some parts on it and made it do djent metal. I took something like that and took some cheapey parts I had laying around, no plan what so ever, slapped some parts in wrong places (I think I got the bridge, tail piece and nut correct but the tuner is abominable) and it's all a joke

Rob Scallon was new to me as I'm not too interested in metal. Then again shovel guitars have been sort of a "thing" for quite a while. The history is even longer, diddley bows have been around for a century or more. Check Justin Johnson, he knows his stuff and has them even for sale in his shop.

Aside of joking, I was serious about a course. I've been participating such a course for five years now. It's not just about having a teacher, the group also is a great source of ideas. Combining that to forums like this and videos of renowned luthiers has brought me to this point where I have confidence to share pieces of advice.

for the record "welp" is my thing... I've copyrighted it... so you owe me.

also, you can't call it a complete guitar until you do a video of you playing it (I don't make the rules... I just ignore them). 

welcome to the club of club makers (in the shape of guitars).