My new floyd

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

@krazyderek: Lol you are more then right about the attitude song....B)

I have to play that song in my next test at Munich Guitar Institute from start to finish and I have to admit it is not an easy song. But it is so much fun to play....:D

@Litch:

As I am thinking about getting the same Floyd I have some questions for you:

1. Are the knife edges hardened?

2. Are the saddles hardened?

3. How heavy is it?

Thanks,

MK!

seriously, when i was learning that song it reallly braught out the fact that the floyd on my Squire Strat was a POS, i tried everything, sharpening the edges, greasing it, using lighter strings, but nothing could make it go back to pitch after the dive's at :23 , :52 and 2:58

gl GM, i could never play that whole song by myself without a backup guitar recorded

gl GM, i could never play that whole song by myself without a backup guitar recorded

I don't play all voices at the same time. I try to play as many voices as possible, but playing all voices is simply impossible. Nobody would be able to do that. If you really want to play that song live without a second guitarist you'll have to use a intelligent pitch shifter I think. But it really is quite a funny to play song. It sounds kinda stupid first, but playing it is really cool. At the moment I play it on a Fender USA Strat WITHOUT Floyd Rose, as I want to play my tests on this guitar, because this was always my main axe and I feel most comfortable on it. I have to say that I am quite impressed how tuning stable I got the guitar with some modifications.

I could not play the song twice and the tuning is slightly of after playing it once, but it is not terrible. I have to admit that I don't use the whammy as radical as Vai though, but my version sounds pretty close.

The saddles and inserts are hardened.

Sounds too good to be true....There HAS to be some drawback at that price....:D Please let us know how it turns out....

Greets,

MK!

The saddles and inserts are hardened.

Sounds too good to be true....There HAS to be some drawback at that price....:D Please let us know how it turns out....

Greets,

MK!

if there isn't i'll be out of buisness... lol

if there isn't i'll be out of buisness... lol

Don't worry....there is one thing where I agree with Ed Roman. If you sell great guitars that are not expensive they will NEVER get the reputation of being fine high-end must-have guitars. The same goes for Schaller trems....everybody tells you they are the best, so people buy them and if they are expensive it only adds to their good reputation. There are far too many people thinking that expensive=good fo you to go out of business....:D

Guest AlexVDL

There is one negative thing about those import schaller copy trems... the baseplate is made out of soft metal. So you have to be carefull with tightning the screws for the saddles. If you overtighten them a couple of times the holes in the baseplate get worn out, and you are not able to lock them in place anymore.

The rest is pretty much as decent as the real thing!!

I personally find that the gold finetuner buttons look cheaper because the originals are made of black annodised brass, and I think these are just gold plated soft metal. But thean again it's all about taste...

But $47.50 definately is a good price!!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Design changes. That and I chose to support Derek being as he gave me a killer deal on an OFR. This was going to require mods to me d-tuna compatable. Basically, just want things to be simple.