Certain members will be tagged as a V.I.P., Site Admin or Moderator. Forum members distinguished with these tags are members who have enhanced credibility and for a variety of reasons, including their background, experience and knowledge. They offer their time to help better inform and enlighten other Project Guitar.com Message Board Members. Do not unnecessarily challenge these members or engage in needless debate. Please do not email asking to be a V.I.P. or a Moderator.

from the rules page

Doesn't mean you can't post and ask but yes the deciding factor is behavior, knowledge and time spent on the forum.

At present there are actually 7 people but 3 arn't using their power because the new forum section isn't open. It will be for Spanish and they have moderator status already to handle that section when ever the site transform's into both English and Spanish.

Buy a scooter with lots of mirrors and lights on, wear a parker jacket, watch Quadrophenia and listen to Paul Weller B)

:D:DB):D

sorry for the bad joke :D

damn. Beat me to it...