ESB-4 Semi Hollow Bass Kit Build (with video)

It took me so long to edit the video, that these bass kits have been discontinued by now 😅

Some Details about the build:
It's a ESB-4 Semi Hollow Bass by Pitbull Guitars
Clear Coat: Nitro Cellulose Lacquer Spray Cans (I've used the ones from Northwest Guitars, but any brand will probably do) Tru-Oil finish on the neck Wood Dye: Keda Wood Dye Kit for the orange / dartfords Blue Metal Complex Wood Dye Powder

Pictures:

DSC05277.jpg

DSC05288.jpg
DSC05296.jpg
DSC05298.jpg

DSC05269.jpg
DSC05272.jpg

Tru Oil:
IMG-20210406-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2

Your videos have some sort of a happy vibe, they make me smile! Also your accent wakes up a desire to meet my relatives over there...

A couple of hints: Black isn't the only colour you can use for accentuating the figuration, often either a "woody" colour or a contrasting one can make the stripes pop. Black under red/brown/yellow(ish) can look dirty, that said it seems to work with the turquoise. And I love how you made the neck shine with multiple layers of tru-oil ( btw do you know you can mix it yourself for a fraction of the price?)

thank you guys :)

@Bizman62: You have Austrian relatives?
Mixing Tru Oil yourself is a great idea. I'll try that once I run out. Thank's for the tip.

Different colors to accentuate the wood: I've seen some of that in a video from the PRS factory, and also on the BIGDGUITARS youtube channel. I might try that in the future :)

• 3 weeks later...