Curvy hollowbody electric

Haha, not meant to be a teaser - combination of i.t issues and busy-ness!

this will have ovangkol back and sides, i have some really flamed maple for the top and neck. Will have a single humbucker.

should have the sides done by the weekend but ovangkol is seriously tough wood.

6 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

Love the idea of this one, are you planning to bend one long piece from the bottom to the cutaway? 

Yeah, one long top piece all the way to the end of the cutaway - its nearly there, it put up a struggle though!  Just setting the cutaway at the mo. I thinkk it will look cool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

I've never seen a kerfed tailblock before, can you tell the story behind that?

I just thought there wouldnt be much block left after routing for the neck so i got a bit kerf krazy! It cant hurt….i hope!

• Like 2

Oh crap! The lid doesn't match the shape of the sides on the waist line? That's going to be a tough fix unless you figure out how to make that a feature! 🤪

The top is flat, isn't it? The stripes make it look like a shallow gable roof - which actually might be quite interesting as such!

7 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Oh crap! The lid doesn't match the shape of the sides on the waist line? That's going to be a tough fix unless you figure out how to make that a feature! 🤪

The top is flat, isn't it? The stripes make it look like a shallow gable roof - which actually might be quite interesting as such!

I fiddled with my holes (ooer) they are nearly as i want but icouldnt resist seeing how the maple seperates the top from the soundholes so applied a little brown dye. Gonna pop the body aside for the weekend and start on the neck. When i do the proper finish it will be a mellow yellow / brown burst. The dye also highlighted a few imperfections that can easily be removed.

A2EB7040-6DFA-43F1-9C12-2AB1B5F4024B.jpeg

1D2D44B9-7ED4-4D61-B62C-0B54D82A7193.jpeg

• Like 3