Headless thinline classical guitar

Sorry, not many build pics. I have built this for my son to take to uni (in the hope i can retrieve my classical guitar from him!)

waiting for a jack socket to test the body mounted peizo.

neck is a little wider than a standard classical at my sons request. 

all cedar body and thermally treated maple for the neck (this is a building/ cladding product)

just needs a little bit of finessing and it is complete

it is LIGHT 1.7kg

A83F5BC6-B18A-477B-98AA-DED41ABC37DE.jpeg

35EA16C9-968F-490D-B745-7BD155CD0E51.jpeg

E92E4039-7AC7-4FB5-BB41-C8A673B04BC9.jpeg

66FE0D6F-9826-468D-BC25-B590DFE43409.jpeg

819F9A1B-3A33-4C73-B3AF-9125C52BAAE3.jpeg

On 8/21/2023 at 9:16 PM, Professor Woozle said:

Very, very different - what does it sound like? Also, what's the wood the "horseshoe" tailpiece is made from?

Will post a sound clip, ill grt my son to play it as i am not a classical guitarist. Ive got the peizo working and it sounds full, it is prone to body noise but that is to be expected.

the neck, fingerboard, bridge and horseshoe (tail stock? Butt head?? Nah i prefer tailstock) are made from a heat treated hard wood called saplen - they dont specify the species of hardwood but judging by the smell it is maple / sycamore. It has a very dark even appearance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retrosonix said:

im playing with a piick so bare with me

Hadn't you said that I wouldn't have heard it! That said, recently a friend visited us with his teenager son who has been playing classical guitar for all his life and seeing him play taught me that you can't play similar things with just a pick. At least some hybrid fingering is required for simultaneously hitting an open bass string and upper fretboard notes on the treble strings.