Does anyone use this pedal?

Curtis P

I was messing with a similar one at guitar center today, actually. I like the Boss Metal Zone and Digitech Metal Master both much more.

I was surprised though... none of the pedals there besides the metal master could handle my AADGBE tuning without an EQ pedal. I tried the Metal Master, and the Boss OS2, MT2, an orange distortion one, and a black distortion one that looked(and sounded like?) what you posted.

I was messing with a similar one at guitar center today, actually. I like the Boss Metal Zone and Digitech Metal Master both much more.

I was surprised though... none of the pedals there besides the metal master could handle my AADGBE tuning without an EQ pedal. I tried the Metal Master, and the Boss OS2, MT2, an orange distortion one, and a black distortion one that looked(and sounded like?) what you posted.

I don't like the metal master 'cause it doesn't have a gain knob... :D

Nile does drop A which is drop D then 5 half-steps down. I only dropped my E string down to A. I believe Zakk Wylde had some songs on 1919-Eternal in this tuning.

Anyway, yeah, the Metal Master is by no means perfect, but it did more for my sound than any of the other ones i messed with. I also played in standard, and I was using a signature Joe Satriani guitar, and the Metal Zone gave me a huge volume difference between the low strings and the high ones if I got a good sound without an outside EQ.

my rig is pretty comical at the moment. i have a boss MT-2 and TU-12 through a Peavey Rage 158 - 15 watt. i have used the HM-2 before, but i much prefer the MT-2. it just sounds more brutal. :D

Im not totally sure about the a tuning you guys are talking about but to clear things up Zakk plays in Drop A not the whole guitar tuned down a perfect 4th. If this is what you both meant then pardon the hijack! :D

Thats what I meant, but he was talking about the dropped/perfect 4th down tuning.

Anyway, 2 pedals at once? doesnt that give some nasty feedback?

Ive got one that sounds like trash.

Which one?

I bought a multi-effects unit made by Boss once (I think it was a GT-3 or GT-5?). It was a floor box with several pedals. It looked pretty cool and sounded like it had possibilities when I tried it out. Knowing that most multi-effects coem with awful presets, I decided to buy and try messing around to get the sound I wanted. The advertisements kept bragging about it's COSM technology but daaaauuummm - that thig was absoluely horrible at producing a useful distortion/lead type sound. It was pitifully weak. I couldn't believe it - I was so dissapointed. The other effects were probably pretty good but I just couldn't get past the idea that I couldn't use it for any distortion work. I returned it and ended up getting a G-Major a few years later (even though it doesn't do distortion). It's the best multi-effects unit available in my opinion (in it's price range).

Oh yeah, I also tried the MT-2. I liked it better than most pedals I tried (including some botique/big $$$ pedals) but I still favor my amp's distortion over any pedal.

I have the mt-2 and am somewhat pleased with the sound that i get out of it. Recently though (for the past few months), i don't even bother using it as my distortion. I now use a boss sd-1 instead. This, and my amps distortion create a sound tighter than the one created from just the mt-2. It also gives me more versatility. I still kind of like the mt-2, but the sound is either too trebly, or there is so much bass in it that it can't be heard alongside a bass guitar.

But otherwise, it is a great pedal for the money. I havent seen or heard a hm-2 pedal. would like to though.