GOTM March Thank You!

Just wanted to thank everyone who voted for my little Coco-Bolo V.

:D:D The nice comments are very much appreciated! :DB)

That guitar was almost 7 years from start to finish, mainly due to the Coco-Bolo wood and my initial lack of understanding on how to deal with finishing it.

I started that guitar not too long after I had just started building my own guitars, so it's seen all my screw-ups and experimentations and my learning curves.

Every Spring I'd break it out and try out a new 'recipe' for that season, and it always took about 2-3 months before I could tell whether it was going to work or not, and it took 7 seasons of trying different recipes before I found the winner.

It almost wound up in the fireplace more than once over the years, but I really loved it and just never gave up trying, and man was it worth it once it was all done.

You can see in the pics that the Coco-Bolo is still very bright and colorful, and that was what I kept trying to shoot for over the years and finally got it right.

So thanks everyone again, you showed me it was the right decision to not throw it against my cinderblock 'Wall of Death', hehehe... :D

even though I didn't vote for you, your guitar is very beautiful, as is every ones who enterd