Wish List

Fire2theSky

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line 6 half stack has the "british high gain" tone of that marshall(except better...more like the jcm)plus many others...for roughly the same price...plus it has effects...

The modern high gain setting of the spider III is especially nice...for a non tube amp it's about the best you can do...

yeah i was surprized when i played a spider III last week. i usually hate the gain on line 6's, but that one sounded pretty good.

what i dont like about line 6 is that i find them hard to figure out. all i have ever had is a 15 year old marshall 30 watt mg, and it just has basic EQ. it takes me a long time to find the right settings i like on those new amp because there is so much on them.

not to hijack the thread, but since line 6 amps have already entered the discussion.... any opinions regarding the Vetta II combo?? i tried it the other day and it sounded good even for a person who's tweaking it for the first time ever... but goddamn it costs zillions here ($2200)........i'm gonna be hungry for years to get it..

No...in stereo equipment they started adding all of the speakers and everything into the wattage,but that is stupid and I don't know why they do that...

in guitar amplifiers the wattage of the head is all that is counted...the cabinet just has a "rating" which tells you the maximum wattage it is capable of handling from the head...at a certain ohmage...

another thing,

what is so bad about the mg series? i like them because of the built in effects, and i think both clean and gain channels sound pretty good. not as good as tube, but still, better than anything else i could afford.

They are a one trick pony...they only do one sound decently,and really it isn't all that decent...

I had an mg half stack for a couple of years by the way...to make it even sound reasonable I had to use a Zoom driver and an eq...

I just think natural tones are much more listenable....Line 6 is a better amp all the way around...I had nothing but trouble with my mg...Besides...no matter what sound you find yourself wanting over the years,line 6 can come pretty close...for cheap.

Same reason they don't like the MG...bad quality control..alot of what they send out doesn't work as advertised

But the mg is just as bad....they are both bottom of the line products(spider series and mg)...the only thing that makes the spider better is that it sounds better..but like marshall,line 6 does have a top of the line(flextone and the big 300 watt metal head)

If you buy one,try all of the effects before you keep it...do not leave the store with a new one in the box....as long as everything works at the store,you should be good for the long haul....

Same as any bottom of the line amp...when you demand low prices,you get low quality...especially from indonesia,korea,etc...

But still,it's better than when I was your age...back then nothing was cheap...

Same reason they don't like the MG...bad quality control..alot of what they send out doesn't work as advertised

But the mg is just as bad....they are both bottom of the line products(spider series and mg)...the only thing that makes the spider better is that it sounds better..but like marshall,line 6 does have a top of the line(flextone and the big 300 watt metal head)

If you buy one,try all of the effects before you keep it...do not leave the store with a new one in the box....as long as everything works at the store,you should be good for the long haul....

Same as any bottom of the line amp...when you demand low prices,you get low quality...especially from indonesia,korea,etc...

But still,it's better than when I was your age...back then nothing was cheap...

I get what you're saying about low prices usually equals low quality....but especially from indonesia, korea etc? If it was the same price and made in the US (or most of western Europe) the quality would probably be even worse....

ok,

wes i know your are super picky about your tone,

so here. on a 1-10 rate how this sounds TONE wise.

i wont get offended, i know its nothing special, and its the best i can do, so i have no reason to get upset about what you guys say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_sqDgkbsCQ

Edited by killemall8

I get what you're saying about low prices usually equals low quality....but especially from indonesia, korea etc? If it was the same price and made in the US (or most of western Europe) the quality would probably be even worse....

Agreed...I only use them as an example because they have some of the cheapest labor right now.