Projects I am working on.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here it is just dyed black:

image013.jpg

did you use the stain and sand back to get to that colour black ? or is that just one or 2 coats of the stain just applied??

How bout I just dig out the vynl. I got some Ice Pick. :D

Really, I have 2 more teles comin

And here it is just dyed black:

http://fullservesite.com//lcgs/Carrie/image013.jpg

did you use the stain and sand back to get to that colour black ? or is that just one or 2 coats of the stain just applied??

Its just LMI's black mixed strong

Refreshments MP3

Down load it. It may take some time, but the tele tone is worth it I think.

PS, I'll pick up some Roy.

Hehehe...

I only used black because it was the only thing I had around yesterday. I always seal the interior w/ something, so black it was yesterday.

I just shot the whole thing then just lightly sanded the surface to remove the paint. Actually, I used a scraper first, it got 90% of it within 1 minute. Scrapers are cool, everybody should have one, I use them all the time.

The oddball design was because it will have front and rear body bouts, so I calculated what I could get away with and still be able to have the bouts.

Chambers AND front and rear body bouts!

The tape...I was getting ready to glue the top on it, and as Goth guessed, it was to protect that area from glue splooge.

When I do a drop top, I glue the top on first, everything except that area, then let it dry 24 hours, then come back and do the drop top, so that area is perfectly clean and smooth when it comes time.

That body went from 8 lbs to 5.5 lbs, a much-needed loss of weight. By the time I do the routes, it should drop to 5 lbs, perfect just about perfect in my book.

What you do to one side, you should do to the other, so if you finish one side, you should finish the other, at least seal it, it helps the wood absorb moisture evenly and will prevent future warpage and possible cracking from the wood expanding/contracting at different rates of absorbtion if one side is sealed and the other is left raw.

PS, most finishes still allow the wood to breathe, very few finishes actually seal the wood 100%, so even tho you might think those chambers are sealed/glued up, air and moisture will still seep into them over time.

• 2 weeks later...