Where to get 5/8" neck mounting ferrules?

Hi!

First of all I HATE stewmac now....I bought their neck mounting ferrules the matching Forstner bit and the screws from them. Without double checking I drilled the whole for the ferrules with the Forstner drill. Now I realized that the holes are too big for the ferrules. The Forstner bit is 5/8" and the ferrules are only 15mm. This looks very ugly and annoys me everytime I look at the guitar now. So I wonder if you know a supplier that sells 5/8" ferrules matching the holes I drilled.

But according to a member here you just bought a tool that does their job accurately, properly AND saved you more than you mighthave spent buying (probably the right tool) elsewhere.

Is that supposed to be a joke???? Drilling a whole for a 15mm ferrule with a 5/8" drill is simply impossible....Where do you think I made a fault????

I used them on my bass, finished with oil BTW, and a 5/8" bit. It looks fine and works fine. I have no complaints. With a screw or bolt through it, it looks fine and is completely centered in the hole so it doesn't look at all weird. Go for it with the 5/8", or you could buy a diff bit, it's your call, but 5/8" works fine.

I used them on my bass, finished with oil BTW, and a 5/8" bit. It looks fine and works fine. I have no complaints. With a screw or bolt through it, it looks fine and is completely centered in the hole so it doesn't look at all weird. Go for it with the 5/8", or you could buy a diff bit, it's your call, but 5/8" works fine.

hmm..... that's odd, maybe they sent you the wrong ferruels meastro??

other then that, you could fill each hole with a 5/8" dowel the redrill, or just give that area a generous ammount of sealer / clear.. i mean we're only talking a difference of 0.034449"

Thanks for your answers....I guess they sell the 5/8" bit with a thick finish in mind.

It was basically my fault that I did not doublecheck everything. It's still a little misleading to sell a drill bit for ferrules that does not have the same diameter. They should at least write that in their catalogue.

P.s.: Don't take my original rant to serious....I was just soooo annoyed as I found out about the difference as it was already too late....:D

There is a 0.4mm gap which allows for finishes. So, yeah, its the correct tool for the job. Im sure you'd be much more disappointed if you couldnt get the ferrule in at all once it was finished, smashed it in anyway, and cracked all the lacquer... :D