Saga Kit pickup

SMellmo

I'd be willing to bet that they're functional, though, which is about all you should expect from an inexpensive all-inclusive kit. I agree with the above, though-- and you shouldn't expect it to sound like an American Standard.

Greg

Not being much of a Tele player, and having one of the Saga kits, I actually like the sound of those pickups. If you are going to replace the stock pickups, I would be happy to take them off your hands.

From my own experience, the Saga tele pickups are best used together becuase they hum cancel. I use that guitar to do all of my clean guitar chords. It almost has a certain chime to it. They do fairly well overdriven too.

Judge for yourself. Have a listen to the clean guitar parts and the backing guitars in my tune The Effects Of Caffeine. You might think twice about giving those pickups away.

Yeah, its all a matter of your own taste. I asked brian about the PRS style kits, too and he said that the PRS style kit has good tuners where as the other kits have crummy tuners. So I guess what I am saying is that I have been advised to replace tuners and pickups in those kits to get the best possible sound. Then again, if you like the sound, then just go for the tuners...