The Official Jemfest 2004 Thread

Hey folks!

I'm sure you all have your plane tickets ready, hotel reservations booked, and guitars re-strung.

Wha? You don't? Well, better get crackin'. I'll help you out with some links:

Travel:

www.travelocity.com

www.orbitz.com

Hotel:

We're at a NEW HOTEL this year: Holiday Inn- International Drive Resort. Here's the link to book your hotel room.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/r...=mcoid&_GPC=JEM

This link will get you the $72/night group discount rate for the Jemfest rooms. Sure, you can find them cheaper online, but you'll be subject to the terms and conditions of wherever you get them from (cancellation fees, other fun fees), and you probably won't be close to the Jemfest rooms in the hotel. It's a really big hotel, so being close to the jam rooms would certainly be worth the $6 you save going somewhere else to book the room. Your call.

The hotel is at one end of International Drive. I-Drive is packed with restaurants, bars, shops, malls and other places to eat, dine and shop. There's a trolley that runs up and down the street, so you don't have to worry about driving.

And yes- there's a Hooters right around the corner. :-)

Artists & Schedule:

How about this lineup-

Friday, May 21, 2004

7:00PM- Mike Martin

8:00PM- Fernando Pareta (all the way from Argentina!!!)

9:00PM- Course Of Evolution

10:00PM- Bill Peck

Saturday, May 22, 2004

7:00PM- Tony Smotherman

8:00PM- Rob Balducci

9:00PM- Strange Fiction featuring Eric Sands

10:00PM- Jemfest Jam

(Of course the schedule could change because weather sucks, grandparents pass on, and flat tires happen every day)

Here's the best part: Admission is FREE! FREE! FREE!

We respectfully ask for donations at the door.

EVERY PENNY OF PROCEEDS GOES TO STEVE VAI'S "MAKE A NOISE FOUNDATION". The Jemfest staff is *not* paid in anyway, and the artists are gracious enough to donate their time and talent to this incredible event.

Where else are you going to get 7 *unreal* artists in front of you for free?

You need more? How about the Jemfest Jam on Saturday night! Yes- you can get up on stage with the artists and rip out a song or two. Try that at a Britney show!

The entire event will be recorded, with digital audio and digital video for release on DVD later on. Gabe's almost ready to release the first Jemfest DVD (with years 1999 thru 2001). I've seen some previews; it's frickin' awesome.

So you say you can't make it down to Orlando this year? That's ok- we do a full webcast of the entire show....both nights! We will be webcasting from 7PM until Midnight on each night...LIVE...audio and video together...direct to your computer! No server crashes this year either. :-)

What you'll not see on the webcast are all the "room jams" that happen thru the weekend. It's kinda kooky when you're crankin' out some songs in your room with your buddy and you hear Rob Balducci knock on your door, "Mind if I join you guys?". *THAT'S* as fun as it gets.

So, get your reservations done, and get down to Jemfest this year. If you don't have a fantastic time, you get your admission refunded. :-)

If you need any other information, please feel free to contact me.

I hope to see you all soon!

www.jemfest.com

P.S.- No: you DO NOT have to own or play an Ibanez or JEM guitar to join us. It's a GUITAR event; bring what ya got and enjoy the company! Maybe even whip out a few notes!

Does everyone who attends get a free Tremol-No?

I wish!

There will be tons of other stuff that we will give out and raffle off.

A couple of years ago, a guy won a brand new Ibanez guitar (w/case) with his ONE raffle ticket (I think it was $50 per ticket, something like that). Needless to say, he was quite happy. :-)

It's a great time. If you can make it, we'd love to see ya.

And great free music too!

:D

The First 5 forum members that identify themself to me at Jemfest will get one of these absolutly FREE

shirt1.jpg

The print is on both the front and back and reads the following:

PGParental Guidence Suggested

Warning: Project Guitar.com contains graphic images, tutorials and

discussions which can lead to obsessive behavior working on guitars.

shirt2.jpg

I do hope you are talking about the I-Drive in Orlando.

B)

Hell, that is pretty close to me. I think I will need a double XL Brian.  :D

Yes- that's the I-Drive we're talkin' about. :-)

It's a new location for us, so if there are any locals that know of the kickass bars and restaurants along I-Drive, let us know.

Hardball- Gabe, Iain and I will be down there starting Tues. AM. I'd be cool to hook up for some "adult beverages" during the week. Just call the hotel and ask for the 'Jemfest Suite', or toss me an email and I'll get ya my cell number. It's always cool to have a local handy. :-)

Snork- It's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY frickin' expensive to put this event on in NY. Tell ya what, if you cover the hotel cost, rental of the PA and all digital audio and video gear, webcast, and shipping of my gear to the hotel and back, we'll put it into consideration for 2006. :-P

Until then, it's in Orlando.

P.S.- Aren't flights from LGA to Orlando something silly like $79 ea. way? Might want to check into it.