Glue?

I don't speak from personal experience, but titebond is probably the best wood for any wood glueing. Any other opinions?

Also, you might want to clean/prep the surfaces with something like naptha before gluing to promote adhesion regardless of your choice of glue.

A lot of people use Titebond I (or Titebond Original). I've used Titebond Extend also. The only reason I tried Extend is due to a recommendation from the manufacturer on the issue of joint creep. There's a comparison of the glues on mimf. From what I remember, you won't come away with the impression that any one glue is best.

When I went to Home Depot for the Titebond I couldn't remember if Titebond 1 or 2 was the best. Luckily I remembered this pic that Wes had of his pictorial on his neck-through. It shows the label and cap color clearly.

Thanks wes :D

neck%20shaping_0006.jpg

My stuff is just called "Carpenter's Glue" and the caption "Holds with 2 tons of pressure" or something like that.

I hope that'll do the trick, 'cause I didn't notice the brand name "Titebond" anywhere.

Greg

I've also had great success with Gorilla Glue. So you might want to check into it also. I've use both Titebond and Gorilla Glue, it just depends on what I'm gluing together.

gorilla glue is messy....every time i use it for a fit that isn't as snug as i wanted it,i regret it.foams all over the place.

titebond is far superior IMO