A tornado is about to touch down

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was backing a big trailer into a very small garage. I only had about 10" of clearance on either side.

been there done that, and im only 14 :D to make it harder, the traler was made crappily, and the car was about $3000.... new

Try a 48' trailer full of $90000+ worth of communications equipment in a $50000 truck with your boss watching you. B)

When the quake hit it made the truck bounce like a basketball in the front end. I think I lost a year off my life from that lil episode. :D

^Has anyone seen The Day After Tomorrow yet? I saw it last night, and I must admit that I enjoyed seeing a twister take out the "Hollywood" sign. B)

In all seriousness, being in a double-wide trailer retrofitted as a classroom (also known as a "portable") when the sky turns green and the winds are blowing at 70 mph isn't fun. It was raining pretty hard too.

The lucky thing is that I was thinking about bringing in my new bass (oil finish) that day. :D Lucky me!!

Try a 48' trailer full of $90000+ worth of communications equipment in a $50000 truck with your boss watching you.  :D

try an unstable trailer with 50 liters of natural gas in it. an explosion would not have been fun

Now wth was a 14 year old kid doing BACKING an unstable trailer containing natural gas canisters into a tight spaced garage?:D

Seems like that venture wasn't thought out very well :D

It sounds like a recipe for a major 'unnatural' dissaster B)

Hey Russian,

I am in the San Jose area, Campbell to be specific. How about you?

Once a week, the local paper prints a map of all quakes over 2.0 on the SF peninsula and south from Oakland to San Jose. There are usually about 20-30 of them every week, none of which you can feel.

In '89 I was home sick the day of the ball game, sleeping in my room. I remember waking up and thinking "we're having an OH MY GOD!!" My grandmother was in NY watching the pre-game show and the next thing she knows is that it looks like SF is burning down. She, and zillions of other people, were freaked out. I suffered no damages or loss, except for the electricity for about 12 hours. A buddy of mine, who lives in the part of SF that burned down, had a hole knocked in his wall. It's like that.

Ciao,

Guitar Ed

also san jose area, bascially basically since if i move across the street im back in my home town.

the reason im asking is where did you find a luthier to help you with your guitars since i cant seem to find one around here besides in somewhere in marin county, but he is only acoustic and my dad is not gonna drive me for an hour to see him.

and there are literally hundreds of quakes a month in the bay area none of which anybody can feel and or care about, mostly along local fault cracks, the bigs ones happen genrally along the san andreas fault itself

I just did a project on the 1989 Loma Prieta 'Quake for my Physical Science class. There's a website here that has the footage from the world series game as the earthquake hit. Pretty scary stuff.

Yeah that might be scary stuff, but can you imagine your luck if you was at an even worse place when an earthquake happened. Such as..

Getting your haircut.. Yikes.. earthquakes and sissors don't mix... Jab and stab..

Getting laser eye surgery... lol.. don't even want to think about that one..

it probably wouldnt be too bad, the distances involved there are microns, so if it would shake it would move many inches, and it wont be focused in one spot, it would probably feel much like shining a laser eye pointer in your eye.

Theres always gonna be a rocket scientist out there who doesn't realize it was all just a joke. :D

Hey Russian,

I am in the San Jose area, Campbell to be specific. How about you?

Once a week, the local paper prints a map of all quakes over 2.0 on the SF peninsula and south from Oakland to San Jose. There are usually about 20-30 of them every week, none of which you can feel.

In '89 I was home sick the day of the ball game, sleeping in my room. I remember waking up and thinking "we're having an OH MY GOD!!" My grandmother was in NY watching the pre-game show and the next thing she knows is that it looks like SF is burning down. She, and zillions of other people, were freaked out. I suffered no damages or loss, except for the electricity for about 12 hours. A buddy of mine, who lives in the part of SF that burned down, had a hole knocked in his wall. It's like that.

Ciao,

Guitar Ed

I was born in that area, Redwood City California, lived in Cambell til I was 5, were you there around 1970ish when we had that big earthquake??? I remember being out in the front yard and you could see the street rolling and buckling, it was quite a big one.