Before posting a topic, please use the search engine to see if your question was already answered. If you find a related thread, or one that answers your question, feel free to revive it to get more opinions. The reason I am saying this is the fact that we have weekly topics on:

Neck Angles

Body wood

Pine (Not a suitable wood. Quit asking. Not a tonewood, or even a hardwood)

Scale length

Body templates

Routing templates

Logo decals

Kill switches

Also, please keep your posts in the appropriate sections, for instance; pickup questions go in electronics, acoustic soundboard questions go in acoustic and hollowbody. It gets frustrating to members old and new to have to sort through this.

Thirdly, please, for the love of God, please to not post multiple topics on the same question for any reason. Not only is it obnoxious, but it is a waste of everyone's time. If you dont feel like you are getting the response desired to a question, feel free to bump it to the top of the page in that area. However, this should not be abused, such as bumping a topic every five minutes.

Furthermore, please do not post a reply out of ignorance. Meaning that if you do not know the answer to a given question, dont just give an answer because it seems right to you. That will only create confusion.

Finally, I am not a mod, nor am I trying to behave as one. I am simply a member of this forum trying to make things easier for all. Nor are any of these comments aimed directly at anyone.

NO!

Why not!!?? :DB):D

Just kidding!

I agree as well. If you want to bump a topic you could just open the thread and type TTT meaning "to the top". There are also other forums to get info and some more insight on what you want to do. Fender discussion page and MIMF are a couple. Obviously, you would be asking these questions because its related to something you've never tried before. It doesn't hurt to tap more than one source you will definitely find something.

I have mixed feelings about all that. Some of the repeat questions are from noobs who really don't know about everything yet, let alone the search function.

My own pet peeve (of which even I am guilty) is the first post that details what they want to build. They are usually very specific on wood, pickups, fretsize, brand of poo tickets, etc...

Oh, and I see nothing wrong with pine. :D

I totally agree with the MIMF sentiment; you could post a question there that was answered 5 years ago, and their heavy-handed sysop will smack you down with the barest of justifications.

This is my way of saying "Thanks Brian & Wes, for making this a really open forum". There is a much greater tolerance around here for suffering fools compared with MIMF.

I totally agree with the MIMF sentiment; you could post a question there that was answered 5 years ago, and their heavy-handed sysop will smack you down with the barest of justifications.

This is my way of saying "Thanks Brian & Wes, for making this a really open forum".  There is a much greater tolerance around here for suffering fools compared with MIMF.

Damn I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I read all the rules and tried really hard to live up to them but next thing you know i'd get slammed by the post nazi. It got to the point that I was afraid to ask anything so I would just lurk. And now I rarely check out the site at all. It's a shame, it's a great group of talent but...

To be fair I think they are doing it with the right intentions, they want a clean, professional site and many of the rules have to do with the very old software they are using. I have no hard feelings for them and wish them the best of luck, they provide a great service.

Many thanks to Brian and the mods for keeping us kids in line without taking all the fun out of it.

:D

I'm leaning more towards the MIMF now. When I first came to this site it was fun, but very informative. The past coupe've month have been ridiculous. I'm looking at 4 or 5 new pages of posts everyday. 90% is useless, and 9% has already been discussed copiously in the past. Really the only things I even bother to look at much anymore are some of the works in progress, and the GOTM. I think the tech sections should be a lot more like the MIMF. It doesn't feel good to get censored, but it saves all the rest of us LOTS of headaches. If the MIMF would update their software, I doubt if I would even come here much. I guess what I'm saying is THINK before you post. If it's off-topic, take it to the off topic section. Also, Brian, is there any way to just search for new posts in the tech sections?

By mentioning repeated threads, I was refering to when someone post a thread with their questio, the rephrases it, or just re posts a new thread. I did not intend to get all "Read before posting, or die", I simply would like to make it known that it is frustrating. I am sorry if this got taken the wrong way. Like I said, I am not a mod, nor amI behaving as such.