jem style guitar

i love that. that is truly an amazing job, even if the quilt top isnt a perfect one piece. i wish i could do something that well but i have to stick to easy shapes like v's and the like. it reminds me of one of those carvin strats where you can get quilt tops and such. its like how carvin would do a jem. i think a burst could hide the joining lines on the top, if you really wanted to.

ironically, my inspiration for this guitar is a carvin TL60. there was enough left of that quilt maple to do a second top. i haven't seen that one yet as my friend whose letting me use his shop tools has that one and i haven't been back since we glued that one.

the body has now been sanded to 320(wet) and is ready to stain.I've found a couple cans of minwax stain but I'm still experimenting. i want to do it as natural as possible but i want to see the quilt and not sqwiggly grain lines.

Thanks for all the compliments. After seeing this body i've had some guys ask me to build them a guitar!