need some tuner suggestions

I just got and epiphone les paul as a project. It was used adn the perosn changed the pickups to an SD 59 in the neck and a Dimarzio in the bridge so im set on the pickiups but the tunersneed to be swapped out and i was wondering wat ppl would suggest for good tuners that arent really expensive. Im thinking about locking tuners seeing as i bend alot and dont want to have to retune all the time

Hi,

I think Gotohs are FAIRLY inexpensive, as tuners go...

Mightymite also are cheap, but they are generally not regarded as particularly good... I definately think Gotoh would be the way to go- they are relatively inexpensive (compared to Kluson, etc) and they wont let you down

Cheers,

luke

no actually they arent the orginal epiphone tuners , they are gibson tuners butt he are 6 in a line style so all the tuners on the left of the headstock are backwards technically adn that really messes with their performance. I got this guitar for 180 because the headstock is beat up and has some chipping from the previous owner and what appears to be a bad tuner upgrade but it plays great etc.

If you disregard the money aspect, how to tuners stack up?

There seems to be a lot of talk on the net about stability in tuners, and I've heard basically every brand bashed in this area. When talking about decent brands, which ones are truly good?

Kluson? Gotoh? Schaller?

to be quaint, id say that planet waves new ones look pretty cool. they trim the string and lock it in the post. i would try them out but i have to tune differently so often that i just havent gotten the chance. but i myself would go with the grovers, i have them on all of my guitars except the dano.