Cheap As Hell Pedals

GregP

I'd have to jump in and defend behringer to some extent.. I've had nothing but great experiences with their pro audio stuff. I record with behringer equipment and use their stuff live too. Sure there is better stuff out there but for the money they always seem to hit the cost/quality ratio right on the head. Their powered nearfield monitors are great and about half the price of a comparable mackie set or something similar.

Their V-Amp from what I understand is no match for the POD, but again, it's 199 bucks instead of 400.

To me, distortions are a very picky subject. Delays, choruses, trems, etc.. i have faith Behringer can rip off successfully. We'll see what they do with the distortions. Lets face it, pedal design/construction isn't rocket science.. most of what you are paying for is a name, or boutique inflation.. I'm anxious to hear some of these babies.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember if I posted to this thread, but I DID end up with the GDI21 SansAmp ripoff thingy. It actually sounds REALLY good! But, not so good that I resisted getting a Line 6 TonePort UX2, which is what I've been tinkering around with the most.

The GDI21's "tweed" sound isn't quite right. The Marshall sound is great, though. Add a cabinet simulator or realistic reverb impulse in your sequencer, and you're golden.

It's still in heavy use right now, though, even without using it for the amp models. It's a DI box, which has served me well as I can now use it to go into the TonePort's mic input as well, from a splitter box. 2 inputs for one guitar = double-amp setup, like many guitarists who have their favourite clean and their favourite dirty amp set up. :D

Greg

Man, these pedals are really cheap! Whole line is between 22 and 45 Euros incl. VAT!!! I don't know...

After reading this topic, I've got a whole new perpective on Behringer (and BOSS, too!). Now, you've got me thinkin'... V-Amp Pro is around 200 Euros, but if they didn't *make* it in the first place (just "borrowed" its tech), that's more than a fair price for a average-wallet-thicked guitar player.

But, it is wrong to steal anything, even if there is a hole in the law that one might use. On the other side, policy of (literally) ripping off people with outrageous prices through decades (look at the current PC world market: every computer bought new should be priced at 50-100$ instead of 1000$, but let's not go in there... :D ) and dictating market is also VERY, VERY wrong (at least from an average consumer's point of view). UUMMMPFFFHGHHHH!!!

Sorry for the aggro...

As far as pedals go, I think I'll stick with tried and true stuff, like Dunlop wahs + BOSS and Ibanez pedals modded by aNaLoG.MaN and Robert Keeley. These modded pedals are a bit steep, but if you tried one of these... I'm sold. Then again, I would like to get my hands on Behringer's Virtualizer. Its price is 126 Euros incl. VAT.

I mean, with a great amp and one or two modded pedals, digital-under-150-Euros-processor is a simply an embelishment, moderately applied, right? Well, in my book, at least.

mullmuzzler | OSSMT