Justin's guitar

ScottR

Wow, most of my working life was as a geologist (before that stopped paying). That top reminds me of hot lava. You have surpassed yourself on this one. If you had asked me before I would have laughed at that idea. Wow! If I win the lottery I am commisioning a bass. Have you done a bass?

Thanks Nevin. You may be on to something--I think another poster dubbed the color magma burst. I have not done a bass, although there were plans to do so a few years back. When the guy realized it was not going to be almost free, he gently dropped the idea.

Good luck with the lottery. :)

I have to say it agian amazing work. You may not be a prolific builder but your builds are always top tier.

I always kept hoping you would find a way to incorporate some of your carving skills in one

Thanks Timmy! Yeah, one a year seems to be my limit, although this actually makes two in the last 12 months. I'm guessing that by incorporating some carving skills in one you mean that I leave a feature that actually looks hand carved, like my initials on this one. I'm pretty sure all future builds will get signed like this one. I think that kind of works. :)

SR

• Like 1

Pat yourself on the back because that came out great Scott. String that bad boy up and post a few more pics.

Thanks John. I'm actually minutes away from doing just that.......stringing it up and setting it up, that is--my arms don't bend the right way for the other suggestion.

Speaking of pics.....you are way behind on your chronicles. Take a few minutes off and give us something to drool over why don'tcha?

SR

This came out super nice Scott. I wish I would have thought of the signature on the volute. So cool. You're going to start finding it hard to top yourself if you keep putting stuff like this out. Well done sir. This will surely command my vote for GOTM.

I wish I would have thought of the signature on the volute.

It occurs to me that actually you did.

During my F-hole or not your mama's strat build....I no longer remember which, you noted that area of the volute would be a great place for an inlay. And I remember thinking, yeah or a signature......

I also remember thinking that's been staring me in the face and I never saw it.

So, thanks for the idea! :guitarist:

SR

I have guitar envy now. That maple top is something else; it makes me want to return the quilt I bought a while ago and I really like what you did with the back of the headstock.

This may be the wrong place to ask, but what do you have to do to post your own builds? I learned many tips from this site years ago and I just got back into building after a two year hiatus.

Yeah, that's a pretty special chunk of maple. :)

As far as posting your own builds, go back into this category--In Progress and Finished Work, and in the upper right hand corner you'll see a button that says start new topic. Push the button, fill in the title, and start postin' away.

We'll be looking forward to seeing your stuff!

SR