Jenny Lind bed > bench thingy for the wifey

Mr Natural

I cant remember when I built this- a year or more ago I guess. Jenny Lind beds were everywhere in the whatever- late 50s/early 60s I guess. We had my wifes old one from when she was a kid up in our attic with a bunch of other crap we have been hanging onto for years.  My wife showed me a pic of a bench made from one on instagram/pintrest and asked if I could build it. Of course my love/master/captain, of course. 

we start with the bed- I used spray paint & primer to both seal and fill in some of the wood. 

IMG_1231.thumb.JPG.f89384f54dcf7cb2b3e3d69af2f7c700.JPG

i forgot to remove the odd wooden oblong wheeled feet- so off they came

IMG_1233.thumb.JPG.7ec900d9b3ebe6fdd7b7561b4b1b233a.JPG

i need to cut one of the ends of the bed in half to make the side rails- so- the dowel in the middle had to go

IMG_1234.thumb.JPG.550391b0e32212b8a0801dc030c78d4b.JPG

so after fiddling around thinking about it- I realize that the height isnt right for this- and I need to jack it up a bit. So- hmm- lets look around previously mentioned crap loaded attic, and low and behold- a baby crib from 1960 something that absolutely is not in modern day safety code- not sure what we were thinking about saving it but- feeder stock it is

IMG_1241.thumb.JPG.056316a0a9346af0143fb5c7fb16b159.JPG