Ben's Strat

Ok everyone this is a school project due on monday. It has the extra knobs and stuff for a 'Ruby Amp' that is built into it. I bought a basic alder body and routed it out alot to fit in a circuit board and a battery. The back cavity piece is held in place by magnets and is flush with the body. I finished the guitar myself with acrylic spray cans.. cost about AU$30 worth of paint. Umm. I use a strait lead in the pic but its made for a L shaped lead as u can see. The neck was bought too. I guess u are saying i bought the pieces and boleted it together but i tell you there was ALOT more work in it than that. Oh and i Also made the pickguard myself, that took like 4 different router jigs.

Here it is:

http://donk3y.topcities.com/amped.htm

Check it out, and tell me what u think!

Ben

edit: its actually the 'little gem' from runoffgroove not the ruby amp tho they are similar, the ruby amp is 2watt where as my little gem is 0.5.

The top knob is ruby amp Gain, then it goes vol, tone tone, then the ruby amp volume. the ruby amp can be used as in built overdrive, drives a cabinent or speaker, or headphones, which means u can plug headphones straight into the guitar and have clean and overdrive sounds :D

Ben

I bought the body and neck and assembled it pretty much.

But i made a few alterations to the body. Lilke in the back i had to rout out a space so the cavity cover would sit flat and and the battery cavity and had to rout out abit more out of the front to fit the amp in and extra knobs. I was sick of the router by the end of it lol.

What made me abit mad was the bodies holes didnt match up the the holes on the neck, had to fill em in and re-drill.

Ben

Nice...I kinda like the idea of the back cavity plate being held by magnets..does It work out well, or does it fall of from time tom time while playing?..don´t like the pickguard too much though...would look better without he left upper horn....but that´s just imho..But since it´s your custom guitar´, you should of course go for what you think is cool...

Back plate stays on very well, hasnt fallen off once yet.

Yeh the pickguard is different ay, i needed to find more space to put the knobs in. Looking back now i should have only had one tone instead of 2 and put the knob on the top horn down the bottom.

Ben