how low can you go?

Curtis P

Talk about the mother of all pointless threads :D

I only have one guitar with a proper floating trem, and i could go pretty damn low if i wanted too... like.. the strings would be all over the place, but i barely ever use that guitar and even when I do I only do light trem work...

btw, i cant be bothered recording anything, cause im not good with dramatic trem work, and even if i was, seems like such a waste of time B)

- Dan

I would counter-sue with 'how high can you go'?

When I do a Floyd route/install, I always route the back shelf much deeper than Dan Erlewine instructs to, so I can pull that muthu into tomorrow without bottoming the back of the unit out.

Course, you gotta clamp the springs into the block lest they fall out whilst on one of those major-fied up-pulls. :D

My only problem pulling up is I always break a string, generally G or A :D

somehow i never break strings using the trem...and i pull up alot really...

but i change strings often...and i don't use ghs boomers because they DO break excessively

what do you mean "how low can you go?"

a good trem will take the strings so slack that you can swap out pickups without even unstringing your guitar

but i change strings often...and i don't use ghs boomers because they DO break excessively

a good trem will take the strings so slack that you can swap out pickups without even unstringing your guitar

wow that's strange you feel that way about boomers Wes?!? I've used them forever just for that reason, they don't break. :D

I agree, you should be able to pretty much bottom out the bar on the body, even though new springs often need a little stretchin before trusting it to stay in tune afterward.

wow that's strange you feel that way about boomers Wes?!? I've used them forever just for that reason, they don't break. :D

I agree, you should be able to pretty much bottom out the bar on the body, even though new springs often need a little stretchin before trusting it to stay in tune afterward.

try just plain old dean markeleys...they outlast boomers 2 to 1