i was gonna start doing making a pictoral tutorial on the "pattern" staining i did on my dragon strat. i was wondering two things:

a. is anyone interested in this? it's basically just how to get clean lines while using stain so there's no bleed. most advanced guys probably know this already, but it might be helpful for someone.

b. is this already common-place knowledge enough? or are there people out there that have wondered "how could i get this stain to not bleed so i can do smaller graphic patterns?"

but yeah, before i get started on this, i'd like to know if there'd be some interest in this, or if it's "too simple" of an idea ending up being a waste of my time an a thread on PG?

not to say i don't kinda want to do it, i just don't really want to post something and then have people saying to me, "well, thanks, but i already knew that guitars had strings," or the knowledgable equivalent.

Edited by StratDudeDan

Sorry to hijack, but it's along the same lines, so I won't want to start another thread.

Would anybody be interested in seeing a pictorial of one, maybe two 'ukuleles being built? Once I get a thickness sander I'll be up and running again building more instruments, and have been dying to make a 'ukulele in a new body shape I have.

And yes, I wouldn't mind seeing how you did that Dan, thanks.

k, ima get started on this tomorrow, then. please close the thread. i was only wondering what people thought about it.

or, better yet, you could keep the thread open, then other people could get ideas for tuts they've been thinking of, so we can almost organize what goes into PG? dunno, just an idea.