Strings - what type do you use.

Paulie

I've used EB, GHS, and D'addario. I use d'addario because their cheap in bulk. i like ebs but I guess i'm not too concerned about strings. I bought some GHS boomers and those were alright but I tried their coated set and it corroded so took them off in disgust. I guess the only thing I look for in strings is a lack of corrosion. On my acoustic I use electric strings (anyone else do this?) because its easier to bend.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a problem with breaking strings, but I hate the gunk that occurs, especially on the unwound strings. I started out on D'Addarios, but I started to dislike them when they built up gunk after a few hours. My les paul came with really nice strings, but I was disapointed with the actual Gibson ones. I strongly dislike Dean Markly Blue Steels, because of the gunk buildup, and the bass strings sounded very strange (think metallic) when new. I have been very happy with Elixer, but recently switched to the black DR Coated strings, and have been completely impressed. The gunk buildup is a lot less than other strings (I wipe them about every other day), and the sound and look cool. Besides the price, I would reccomend them a lot. Oh, and for acoustic, I used Polyweb Elixers which help with the string squeak. I have yet to try the black acoustic DR's.

• 3 weeks later...
GHS ZW sig boomers...

Love the heavy low end...and GHS makes great stings, IMO.

Oh, and on acoustics, I use John Pearse Medium and almost-lights...

Yea, I been using regular boomers for a long time now, and i am in desperate need of new strings now (they actually have a tiny bit of rust on them) I have had the same set of boomers on now for, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 months now, and boy oh boy, they still sound the same, and still feel good, only a little bit of rust on them lol.

I been itching like a dog with fleas to try out the Zakk Wylde Sig Series for about 2 weeks now since my friend told me they rocked, so I am off to the music store soon

_\m/

Curtis

I've been using these for years: "Super Light Plus"...

I really like em as they're not real light/ not too heavy.

Btw, these used to be called: "Half-Steps."

EXL120+.gif

I've been using D'Addario XL115s on almost everything electric and elixrs on my acoustics, but I've been playing with new strings by a company called Kerly Music and I love them on both acoustic and electric. www.kerlymusic.com

what ever is the cheapest I can find,sometimes Dean Markley,or EB but mostly generic brands.I found a place that sells 10-46 for .99€ a set so I will be checkin them out and if there good then I will buy like 100 sets.

I started off with EB super slinkys, but I agree with whoever it was who said they just don't last long enough. Now I use D'Addario 10's and I can make a set last a good couple of months, and I play hard. Because I rarely snap strings (touch wood) I find i can spend a bit extra on a set. I get em off ebay in packs of ten, works out about 3GBP a pack. Not too bad I reckon.