Taking a two week break myself...

Might as well. I invited some people over via PM, here's the announcement. My forum for all things guitar. I joined Perry's too. Mine is a little more towards advanced than noob, but none the less all are welcome. I dont have much to say right ATM about PG happenings, but needless to say, I am not really happy here either.

And BTW, Kevan and Wes didnt take 2 weeks off. Dont be decieved.

Edited by Kevan

Yeah, Kevan decided to listen to basically NOONES thoughts and ideas among the 40+ pages of ranting over the changes he was going to do...so why don't we all take a 2 week vacation and see how this 'new' forum works.

Seriously, all I want to do is talk guitar building. Simple, neat, no frills, no bells, no whistles, no tags, no status, no clutter, just guitar building.

Edited by Mike Doyle

When the mods are shutting down topics about forum rules so quickly, it's time to leave. People are having decent, friendly discussion about improving the quality of the forums and then *boom* "Thread Locked".

Wake up. If this is how the leaders respond to members trying to improve the quality of communication, then *boom* New Leaders.

Problem is the site is dedicated to "concentrate on learning more of the trade and building guitars" while a select few would rather complain about things that honestly don't effect what the site is about.

Realistically if you recieved as many complaints directly as I do about who said what and this person is trolling or complaining here, you would feel it is time for a revision as well. The greatest concern has been keeping it family safe and oriented in general so for those that can't live with the changes and learn and share about guitars I'd say See Ya, don't want you around anyway.

For the few that actually would like a clean safe enviroment where their 13 year old daughter doesn't ask "Daddy whats that about or why does this person use this word?" and yes it does happen, the site will always be here.

Larger interests are also starting to look through the main site as well looking for real talent to expose via publications as well as older talent. They were not interested in a site that had trash threads and with population unless you control it thats what you get.

This site has been a haven for amateur guitar builders. Not "new talent" or people enterprising their new line of guitars. Just people who are interested in building musical instruments.

I don't come on to this forum with the intent of meeting up with the Jaros guys or selling a prospect to Guitar Center, I come here looking to find comradery with fellow new guitar builders. I want to ask my idiot questions and get my idiot answers.

You saw the response to even the simplest laser ruled drill press work, people were shocked and impressed that anyone had access to that level of technology. Most readers here are amateurs, they are here to learn.

As far as the rules issues go, I understand limiting language and avatar pictures, but the silly flood rule, for example, doesn't serve any purpose for the regular members. If your worried about folks posting too often, just accept that as a necessary sacrifice that comes with having a active and bustling forum.

These issues ARE important. Don't believe me? You just lost 2 experienced, active, friendly, helpful people who LOVED this forum over them.

Fall guy for what? The only reason I go invisible is my PM limit goes beyond belief from people asking questions they should be posting because I am far from being an expert on every topic.

If you want to blame somebody go ahead if you feel better and blame me. After all You came into the forum with a user name originally that implied you were a professional, then backed out of that. Tried to post advice several times and got chewed up by other forum members for your advice, then trolled in the rant section for months. When given the opportunity to make a real difference in the forum once again and gain respect you choose to quit.......and call people back stabbers, really, you didn't even discuss it with me instead you made that public so sure Litch Blame me for your troubles after all you would rather make a public scene all over the forum then settle yourself down and handle situations like an adult.

Love the new sig shows just how mature you really are........

And it feels like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend. Heartwrenching. What happens now? And what's up with my title? Have I not given anything to this forum?

what are you talking about...you just quit....

and by the way...i was never rude to you in the mod section like you claimed on your forum...all i did was tell you that you should go back and edit your mistake about the pic posting rules,so that members were not confused

if you want to badmouth me on your forum...there are plenty of times on that OTHER forum where i was rude to you...and with good reason...

go ahead and talk about that...as far as i am concerned...after that disrespectful display you put on slambang(you know what i am talking about,i really don't think i need to publicly embarress you)i really have no use for you

sorry...

but this topic does not belong...topic closed