Messiest Shop Award

ansil

probally me but heres the proof i will let you decide

http://www.geocities.com/ansilgregory/shop.htm

Now, i beg to differ

In my shop, we have a dump truck, a work bench, 3 ATV's, 2 lawn mowers, my moms Ford Escape, parts and a seat for my Ford Ranger 4x4 truck (thats off being painted as we speak) a trailer for the lawn mower, my tires for my truck (took them off so he didnt get paint on them) i have my table saw, the arc welder, air compresor, like 50000000000000 shelfs, lol jacks, jack stands, you name it, its jammed into there

Curtis

This thread should be pinned, because I'm just going to leave my shop as messy as it is right now (too busy to be cleaning up anyway), and maybe sometime within the next month, if I borrow the digital sony cam, I'll take some pics. It's about the same as yours. Plus, I seldom work on amps and effects, but I still have electronic parts debris to rival yours.

You can be a busy mad scientist and have a huge mess as a result, or you can act like a bored bank employee and clean the place up. When I see pics of clean shops, it makes me think something's wrong. Like the person bought all the tools, set 'em up "real nice" and then just didn't know how to use them.

I stopped worrying about how messy my shop is when I went to the local amp repair guy who has a store front walk-in shop and his counter space was a disaster. No clean place anywhere and at least 3" deep various parts and papers "layed out" in a chaotic manner.

Man, I dunno, my shop is getting the big cleanup this weekend, why? well, currently I have in my shop

(starting with the biggest items)

My firebird

a harley

an RC boat (60" long)

a 1/5 scale P51 mustang being painted

32 guitars

3 RC helicopters

Then coming soon I have another JR dragster coming,

my benches are covered with stuff right now, my paint bench is now a storage shelf, my spray booth has become a storage closet for this week, I hate it, this weekend will be the clean up from hell.

A clean shop is essential if you want to work efficiently, and easy to achieve if you have a place for every tool. You can't charge people by the hour, and keep a clean concience if you spend 2 hours of each job trying to track down a tool or part you've buried.

Of course, I don't do this for a living, and my shop space is about 6' x 5' of actual workspace, so it's always a tip. In the event that I do go pro, you can bet the first thing I'll do is get my workshop organised.

Besides, I don't think there's any real competition for messiest shop: Remember Jeff?

A clean shop is essential if you want to work efficiently, and easy to achieve if you have a place for every tool. You can't charge people by the hour, and keep a clean concience if you spend 2 hours of each job trying to track down a tool or part you've buried.

That is the exact reasoning behind my shop being so anally clean and organized - machinery in one room, workbench and handtools in another room, handtools and jigs all organized in tool holders or hanging on the wall.

Mmm, nice work LGM, and thanks for the pics!

It's kind of scary, because the lightning that your paintjob implies doesn't match the lightning in your shop (which is the way it should, since the plane is going to be outside), so the plane looks kind of "cut 'n' pasted" into the pic. Really nice detail work!

And, to avoid getting into the HiJackers Hall of Fame, I'm going to say that my shop was very messy (as in you could barely get from the door and to the "back" wall), but me and my dad decided to clear it out this summer, so now I've got about 1.5 square meters of work bench area, and more than that of empty floor. So now I can move around and work in there. It's quite nice, really.