New Idea Good Or Bad ?

untitlednewguitar.jpg

HI guys I was fiddling with a new idea for a guitar today it's based on the B.C.Rich beast I used a beast pic to make this guitar Iam not set on building it yet so I was wondering what you all think I know that all that is important is if I like it but I still want to know what you think!! B)

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool design. I would build a prototype body out of styro or a cheap wood first though. Could be that the way the arm has to rest on that body during playing is very uncomfortable....

I was thinking the same thing last night so I think I going to buy some P.D.F

and do a body template I don't think I will have a problem tho but better to play it safe.

kahler awesome *cough* dimarzios *cough* there all better

Iam thinking the same thing dimarzios or EMG-81's

I was planning on doing a modified beast once

I like that are you going to build it if so what are you going to use for wood?

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

untitlednewguitar12.jpg

Well I've done some more fiddling and I came up with this and I think it's alot beter

then my other one and i like it alot more but what do you think? B)

That thing is Frikkin Huge! I like it alot. Lil bit smaller than the first one but it strangely reminds me of........

I was thinking the same thing with the first one so I made a body template

[like GuitarMaestro said I shoud do thanks GuitarMaestro for the heads up]

and I found that the design was to hard to play and it did not sit very well with it being so wide so I did some work and came up with the new one and I like it

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

The explorer inspired one look a lot "better", I like the 1st one but it's toooooo biiiggggg, build it and take it to the discovery channel big program. on the explorer I would extend the lower part just a bit and do the bottom like batmans cape in increasing scallops. I aint good at PS so I aint doing a rendering!

The explorer inspired one look a lot "better", I like the 1st one but it's toooooo biiiggggg, build it and take it to the discovery channel big program. on the explorer I would extend the lower part just a bit and do the bottom like batmans cape in increasing scallops. I aint good at PS so I aint doing a rendering!

This my sound dumb but what do you mean extend the lower part just a bit do you mean the whole lower half of the guitar.:D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Heya Matt, I'm lousy with Photoshop But I threw something together that looks like the back half of a Stealth and front half the way it is now. I put it on my photoblog. see whatcha think.

I like that I can see the stealth in it I'll work on it and post it for you and we all can see what it might look like. I would like to see some more idea's from every one I think it would be cool to get some options and idea's and mabe this will give some outhers out there some new ideas!! and in my mind that's the whole point.

newguitar12e2trya1.jpg

Heya Matt, I'm lousy with Photoshop But I threw something together that looks like the back half of a Stealth and front half the way it is now. I put it on my photoblog. see whatcha think.
this is for PerryL it his pic I just did some some work on it

sorry that it took me so long but ive been at work it's not the best but hears what I got with it . B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Like this, but with a bit more wood in the lower control area, like 1-2" then scallop the bottom line in almos equal lines

Hey could someone show me an example of the scalloping just to give me an idea

thanks!! B)

Okay, stop posting your drawings in in progress or finished work. It's NOT in progress. And if you build that, good luck playing it without breaking off all those tips. But other than that, I think it's really cool and you should go for it if that's your thing.

Okay, stop posting your drawings in in progress or finished work. It's NOT in progress.

If this isn't in progress then I don't know what is. Do you actually build without conceiving and designing first? I mean, isn't there always a design process? This is a great thread and I am looking forward to seeing more of the these pics. It's cool to see this evolve with so many ideas coming from so many people. Great stuff guys!

Okay, stop posting your drawings in in progress or finished work. It's NOT in progress. And if you build that, good luck playing it without breaking off all those tips. But other than that, I think it's really cool and you should go for it if that's your thing. 

Well I'am sorry to have upset you so much I did not now the my 3-PIC'S where so

hard to look at :D and I like to think before I act so thats why I have posted these pic's hear so I can get opinions of others who may be more experienced than me.

I have been makeing progress but I dont as of yet have a digital camera to take some pic's of what iam working on now and what Ive done sofare any way as fare as the points breaking off it's never happend before but you may be right but the pic is just an idea when I build it I can take that in to accont and compensate so thanks for the heads up :D and iam glade you like it and I respect your opinion :D

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!