New Guitar Design

DEATHVIPER.jpg

I came up with this the DEATHVIPER last nite it was an ESP viper when I started but then I started to cut and paste all nite I did not stop till 4-AM and I was up at 6:30/7:00-AM working on it again know there is still some design work left but what do guys think??

I realy want to hear anything good or bad!! any feedback would be cool :D

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of this.

Except it isn't staggeringly hideous. :D

I've been meaning to comment on your stuff for a while Matt. Whilst it isn't exactly my style, and certainly not what I'd opt for when choosing a guitar, you have a really good eye for making producing designs which are eye catching and aggressive, without falling into the easy trap of looking cliched, cartoonish, or down-right ugly. Good stuff.

Oh, not sure on the inlay though... I think it's a cop out to just have 'scary' words in a 'scary' font when you've invested the time to create a unique and tastefully-tasteless body like that. Ties into my thoughts on cartoony-cliched ideas of what's 'evil', I don't think the pseudo gothic typography is.

I gotta go with Setch on this- great designs (though not really my style), but ditch the inlay on this one.

Put a sickle or something really simple at 12 and call it done. The guitar already screams "death is headed your way"; no need to reiterate it. And, most players of that guitar would cover up the inlay 99% of the time anyway. It'd just show up as "D...H" or "DE...".

:D

The design isn't really my taste, but it looks cool. I agree with the other comments about the inlay. I'd say kill it and do something a little simpler. I like Kevan's suggestion.

I also think the headstock could be a bit more narrow and longer... the strings splay out quite a bit from the nut, which could cause some binding in the slots or the strings could jump out if you hit them hard enough. I prefer straighter string pull. The headstock also looks a bit too 'square' for the elongated feel of the body.

It also has hints of the Silvertone Apocalypse Pro model.

Ya I think you guys are right on the inlay It looks like I was trying to hard maybe just some dimond inlay would go best with this one nothing to over the top.My mind was runing on empty last nite when I came up with the inlay B)

Only thing I dont like is the headstock --looks kind of prissy if you ask me. Why not use the sickle idea up there instead? Maybe if the claws turned outward?

you don't think it would look to much like a B.C Rich headstock If I turn the claws outward??

I think you should ditch the stop tail, and create a string through where the strings holes formed a pattern that matched the shape of the back.

I'am thinking of doing that most of my work is like that now so I may as well but it might be cool to try something new!! iam not to sure yet

Just more "Bloody" Edges and points.

HAHAHAHA :D YA I realy do love my Bloody Edges and points

Maybe a headstock something like this?You could even put a bevel on the edge at the end to mimic the bevels on the body.

That headstock looks like one I've seen before But I don't rember the name of the guitar it came from anyone elese know??I like it but i dont want to copy an all ready done headstock anyway [darren wilson] why do I know that name where in canada are you from??

Tighter Headstock Matt, So you Don't have to use string trees. I think you oughta Design a headstock that shows a unique MetalMatt Design. Trademark Headstock. Uniquely Yours.

Ya I know but Iam haveing a hard time with the headstock design I realy like that B.C Rich shape and I like my headstock design but I know it needs work Iam going to have to think about this and try some other headstock designs maybe one of them will knok me off my feet!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

I like everything about it, wouldn't change a thing, except the inlay.

I can see why you got such a hard time over at Moser's site now.

You're one of the few people I've seen that could actually give him some competition in that market, your designs are impeccable and original for that style of guitar.

We ALL copy from somewhere, we all get our designs from snatches of ideas seen here and there, so even tho you seem to be Moser-influenced, I wouldn't necessarily say so, I think to tag you as a Moser copycat would be not fair to you and an easy cop-out.

You seem to have the same gift he has, whether he got there first or not, not just blatantly copied from his designs, but pulling from the same tree he pulls from (and Rodney did too)

You're rockin man!

:D:DB):D

Now let me see you actually finish one up, eh? :D

I can see why you got such a hard time over at Moser's site now.You're one of the few people I've seen that could actually give him some competition in that market, your designs are impeccable and original for that style of guitar.

We ALL copy from somewhere, we all get our designs from snatches of ideas seen here and there, so even tho you seem to be Moser-influenced, I wouldn't necessarily say so, I think to tag you as a Moser copycat would be not fair to you and an easy cop-out.

You seem to have the same gift he has, whether he got there first or not, not just blatantly copied from his designs, but pulling from the same tree he pulls from (and Rodney did too)

You're rockin man!

This may sound dumb but what do you mean by [i can see why you got such a hard time over at Moser's site now]

Well to tell the truth the first time that I had ever even heard about moser's site or even that he existed was about a mounth ago I think deadmike gave me A link to his site so I Have never copyed any ones work well I did do A B.C Rich copy for a friend but thats all I dont like to copy others work so I think that me and Moser are

influenced by the death metal God's or somthing B) so thank's for the kind word's thy realy mean alot comeing form you Drak you do some great work and ya ya I will get one done soon but I just love doing the design's and Iam always trying to out do myself with every one I come up with

Thanks

Then maybe I have you mistaken for someone else. Soooooo sorry. :D:DB)

I remember someone coming over here from there and they were saying what a hard time they got from the Moser forum crew because their designs were so close to Neal's designs that they were being somewhat harassed for copycatting and then calling them original.

And obviously there are a few guys over there who are great builders who build guitars much in the spirit of Neal's designs, but they're part of the gang over there so it's accepted from them.

Take your design and show it over there, hehehe... :D

Hey no problem you just had me a bit worried :D HAHAHA :D I dont want to piss off anyone unless they got it comeing :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

I agree with numerous posts; it's not a guitar I would play, but I think you have an captivating design. And you don't need the word "DEATH" because the guitar already says that.

Have you considered making the headstock match the one of the horns? If you make it curve up, it gives the headtsock a scimitar-like feel. If you curve it down, it looks more claw-like. Neither would be symetrical, but neither is your body... and that's part of what makes it look so cool. Look for something that matches the assets of the body.

D~s

Ya Iam realy haveing a hard time with this headstock design I not sure what would go well with the guitar maybe I could get some ideas from you guy's what do you think would fit this beter sugestons/info/hint's/pics/ anything for me to work with would be cool!! Thanks and oh ya the inlay idea is gone

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!