Yngwie's Action

daveq

Wow....thats alot of money. Is it just the tax on the income or all taxes added together? Like the tax on buying goods(whats the word in english?), etc.?

sales tax is what you are trying to think of...sales tax is comletely seperate

i pay anywhere between 30% and 40% on income tax...depending on overtime.

Are the taxes that high in the USA?

Depends on what you make, at the wage I make I pay 43% of it in taxes. Granted I manage to find some deductions but it's a lot of money.

43%, *** dude, I think that way too much, and your in FL right, and you don't pay state taxes, I think that's kinda out of range! And remember that Bush gave the big cut to Millionares, so that's why you are getting taxed up th e A. I'm in the lower braket so I always get everything back, and then some, it's like a second Christmas time on Refund time. cant wait, tools, necks, wood...

You too Wes, were are you guys filling taxes at, or you are making 100K a year in Texas! I don't go pass the 35K and always get about 5K back. And I pay about 3.7K during the year. You guys must be single with no dependeds

The Attack album is great. Great production and songs....it really is one of his best albums ever so far. Baroque and Roll is so cool. Concerning the action I bet he has it that high. I read several interviews about his gear and he always stresses that he has the action very high on his guitars because he thinks it sounds better. He plays his insane runs on bass as well, so I suspect higher action on a guitar is no problem for him.

As an obsessed Yngwie fan, I hate to say Attack!! is not that great. And strangely the production seems to sound more artificial. The vocals aren't as good as they once were. Bring back Soto, Turner, Edman, or Vescera, and the album would be better.

Edited by vicarious484

43%, *** dude, I think that way too much, and your in FL right, and you don't pay state taxes, I think that's kinda out of range! And remember that Bush gave the big cut to Millionares, so that's why you are getting taxed up th e A. I'm in the lower braket so I always get everything back, and then some, it's like a second Christmas time on Refund time. cant wait, tools, necks, wood...

Okay, read what you just wrote...

Anyone care to know what the highest tax rate ever in America was? 88%, right before WW2 started, right when America was in the middle of the Great Depression. Tax hikes and communism really spurred that great American economy right out of the depression, didn't it?

The Democrat's plan for taxes:

Congratulations! You just spent years studying the guitar, how it works, and you've finally built a fine guitar manufacturing business that employs 30 people with salaries of $30,000 a year! What are we going to give you? The opportunity to pay higher taxes! Yay! Sure, you're employing 30 people and contributing to the economy with their salaries and your own, but we think that we need to reward your success by making you subsidize the people who won't take the extra step and get whatever they need to get a real job. Thanks again for your support.

Fact: Most people affected by Bush's tax cuts were not especially wealthy people. They were people who owned their own businesses and paid taxes at the individual rate. Whatever they don't put back into the business is what they use to put food on the table. Lower taxes=More money to put back into the business=More employees=More people contributing to the economy.

One last thing: Yngwie kicks a$$. Especially for the incident in Brazil three weeks after 9/11.

Concerning the taxes: That's insane. The tax on income in Germany is considered too high already, but I pay about 20-25%.

Sadly, Attack is probably on the bottom of the list of his albums.

Just because you think so? lol

The production is excellent, the playing is excellent, the singer is better then most yngwie singers so far, the drummer is a master of his instrument. I only miss keyboard solos. If you don't like the album fine. But it is definately one of his best albums and I have most of them. The worst album is War To End All Wars in my opinion.

I think we're just going to have to disagree on this one.

Because you think a good guitar player does not need a good ear? :D

Are the taxes that high in the USA?

Depends on what you make, at the wage I make I pay 43% of it in taxes. Granted I manage to find some deductions but it's a lot of money.

You too Wes, were are you guys filling taxes at, or you are making 100K a year in Texas! I don't go pass the 35K and always get about 5K back. And I pay about 3.7K during the year. You guys must be single with no dependeds

No I'm in Maryland, and as I said before, at what I make, my tax rate is 43%. I'm not going into how much I make (believe that shouldn't be discussed).

Don't know how it's done in Germany but here in the US, the more you make the greater the tax percentage. The offset is usually those that are in the high tax brackets also have the means for deductions (stocks, properties..etc).

Sorry for the thread hijack Dave, we've gone way sideways on this one. :D

But I think it's always better to learn songs by ear instead of using tabs, as developing a good ear is crucial.

i am of two minds on this one....i am deaf in one ear since the day i was born,and i have highly degraded the other since then at loud concerts and with loud machinery at work.so i have a super hard time picking out notes by ear.

but when i write,my music usually has alot of contrast to it,because that is what sounds good to me,because music has to have alot of different textures for me to enjoy it.which is why i prefer music such as testament and old metallica over the plain jane stuff like napalm death and such

beethoven didn't have a very good ear.

I've read somewhere that part of the high-action-for-good-sustain has something to do with how the magnetic pole pieces speed the strings natural decay.

Higher action means the strings are further from the magnets so the strings can vibrate more freely, sustaining longer but I also agree that notes don't choke out as easy when bending.

I was not talking about the ear as an organ, but the mental ability to hear intervals, scales, chords and knowing what they are, how they relate to each other etc. I bet Beethoven did have a great ability here and as he was deaf he could still hear the notes & intervals in his head because he has trained his note hearing ability so well. Otherwise he would not have been able to write anymore.

I was not talking about the ear as an organ, but the mental ability to hear intervals, scales, chords and knowing what they are, how they relate to each other etc. I bet Beethoven did have a great ability here and as he was deaf he could still hear the notes & intervals in his head because he has trained his note hearing ability so well. Otherwise he would not have been able to write anymore.

of course.but if he trained that ability then he must have done it reading sheet music.i believe that sheet music is a natural stepping stone and a great tool for developing your ear.

there are so many guys who try to pick songs out by ear,and they just get it all wrong,but they are certain they are correct.i don't see that as being helpful unless you have sheet music to check your work with.

i thik you may naturally have a great ear,and so maybe you don't quite understand what some of us had to go through in the learning process?

when i started,i could not pick out a song by ear for anything,but my buddy who had been playing barely longer than me could figure one out whole phrases at a time.he just had a better natural ear.

i spent years looking over tabs and learning each band's "ways of writing" so that i could use that to help me figure out what they were likely to do next,rather than being totally dependant on my ear

Ok I understand where you are coming from. However my natural ear was not that good either. At Munich Guitar Institute where I studied guitar, everyone had to take several ear training courses. In the beginning the teacher plays something and you have to write what he played on paper. Later I had to transribe solos from records on paper without the aid of a guitar. Now I have a quite well trained ear.

I am convinced that everybody can learn that with the right exercises and a strict practice routine. Start with learning the intervals in one octave. Play and sing them and try to get a good feel for them. Then after that step record 30 or more intervals on tape. Always play the bottom note first and then the top note. Then the next day you listen to the casette and write the interval names on paper WITHOUT using a guitar and sing it. And then you can check how many you got right. I was soon able to to always get about 95% of them correct. If you are confident in hearing intervals you can start to record short melodies in one key and play them on tape and some days later write them down as sheet music WITHOUT using a guitar. There are several great ear training programs on the web that make the whole task way easier. Look here for example....