Easy Pantera Song(s)

Curtis P

Well, i was looking at Primal Concrete Sledge, no solo, but some lead work, well, kinda, and i can play most of Domination, I am also working on Cemetary Gates, but since i am still having trouble with AH, its a little slow going yea know

so, any other easy, well decently easy Pantera songs??

Curtis

Cowboys

cowboys from hell is way beyond curtis's ability right now.and even as far as pantera songs go it is not one of the easy ones,if played correctly.i guess you mean for us to believe it is easy for you to play.well,ALL pantera's songs are easy,for some

walk is definately the easiest i have heard...but really,who cares if it is easy or not.if you only play what is easy for you,you will never improve.

Wes

I was meaning a Pantera song that wasnt so totally amazing (for example cowboys from hell) that i couldnt play in a couple years, i know i cant play it

Walk is not a song i am fond of, but i am willing to give it a shot to build up my chops yea know :D

Thanks for the replies

Curtis

dude, if you take your precious time through the song, and you've got a well trained ear, "Hollow/Dom" is a pretty simple one to learn. It's a great way to work some subtlety into your shred, as well as "This Love". (Vulgar Display Of Power is my fav Pantera album of all time btw) Dime's riffs, if you've got an ear for them, are all actually quite simple, but you really have to take it slow (almost frustratingly so) ya kno what I mean?

Also, if you're willing to jump off Pantera, if you really want a jump in chops, check out his work with Damageplan (New Found Power, Elektra Recordings)... and work your way through the title cut and Moment of Truth- both are good lessons in simple riffing and restraint in soloing, particularly the latter.

i dont have a modulation effect for revolution is my name

Dimebag used a Digitech Whammy pedal for that song

really?? I thought for sure it wasnt...

my bad Scott, my bad...

Ahh, Mouth For War is not overly hard, lol, famous last words eh?

Curtis

Well hear are a few of there more easy songs with an easy Repetative patern to them but Iam not sure what level of playing your at so these may not be what your looking for :D

Use My Third Arm

I'm Broken

War Nerve

I'll Cast A Shadow

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Pantera is both hard and easy....if you can tackle a few of the rhythm tracks, you should be able to handle them all, Dimebag works with groove...and throws in alot of really neat unique moves with artificial harmonics and whammy tricks, but keeps it pretty raw. Groove is more important that hitting the notes, its about hitting them with the right aggression.

I'm Broken, 5 Minutes Alone, Floods, Domination, Walk, they are all good solid metal songs you could bang out with enough practice.

I recorded cowboys solo and cemetary solo the night he died, I smoked a spliff and kinda let them rip out of a 30 watt solid state into a computer mic. Not perfect, but who cares....we're on the topic of Pantera!!!!

Cowboys From Hell:

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/...6_000023778.mp3

Cemetary Gates:

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/...6_000023777.mp3