Best Bang For Your Buck Wah Pedal

Curtis P

Which would be the better wah for heavy stuff??  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which is the best bang for your buck wah pedal for playing heavier music? Pantera, Metallica, stuff like that,

I am trading my Digitech RP50 in on it as well, so i shouldnt be paying too much, since my Boss HM 02 does all the distortion I need

Thanks

Curtis

Wes

I know there are loads of more types out there, but these ones are the ones that my music store carries, and ones i can trade in on, but i can always check into ordering one from them and still trading in

Thanks

Curtis

MY personal preference would be the Vox V847 Reissue. ive got it and stock it sounds pretty good. modded it sounds very good and its easy to do. its basically the same as the crybaby from what i know (possably a different Inductor but if you mod heavily then you can change that)

so theres my two pence (3.75 cents)

I think every wah out there sounds bad (there all solid state) (well the budda wah sounds prety good but at $200 USD it better!) chek this one out tube wah. You can also make it to where you have tube overdrive when you bypass the wah. Listin to the sound clip of the overdrive. It sounds prety good. I'm gonna build on as soon as I get around to it :D I have heard from others that it sounds WAY better than any other wah out there. They describe it as "smooth and buttery" as apposed to harsh and ugly sounding.

Edited by Godin SD

OK Scott, is the mod hard to do?? or does it simply involve opening it up, soldering the switch to a couple wires and bam, tru bypass??

Godin SD, i rather like it harsh yea know, I mean, if it doesnt sound like someone puking, what good is it?? :DB) hahaha

Curtis

OK Scott, is the mod hard to do?? or does it simply involve opening it up, soldering the switch to a couple wires and bam, tru bypass??

Godin SD, i rather like it harsh yea know, I mean, if it doesnt sound like someone puking, what good is it?? :D :D hahaha

Curtis

Well I guess we all have our tastes :D

B)

I´m relly no expert on this topic since I´ve just started using a wah pedal..I´ve got a crybaby 535Q and I love it...It´s got adjustable wah range and adjustable Q...so you can get most types of ranges n stuff..And yeah, you can really get it to sound likes someone´s puking.. It hasn´t got true bypass...But It has adjustable bypassboost...

• 2 weeks later...