Nuno N4 Replica Finished

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit... it takes a lot of balls to sell your first guitar. :D Frankly, I can't imagine... if I ever get my guitar done (eyes rolling) you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Greg

i suggest next time making it obvious in the title that it is a home made guitar.

the entire ebay ad is an obvious fraud.that extra added bit you put in when you were busted does not fool me.it may anger you to be called out on it,but not as much as decietful selling practices anger me

and i quote

Selling 1 Nuno Bettencourt N2 Guitar with custom translucent blue paint. Excellent condition guitar hardly played with several extras. Natural Finish Rock Maple Neck with no lacquer. Just rubbed with lemon oil. This makes the neck extremely fast with 13 degree scarf joint ( Reverse Headstock ). Seymour Duncan Bridge Pickup with the standard Bill Lawrence in the Neck HH configuration. Sounds completely amazing. Incredibly low action with zero fret wear and buzz. Licenced Floyd Rose trem ( Missing Trem Bar - Cheap to replace ). Electrics just serviced and Pro set up completed approx 2 weeks ago. NO DINGS SCRATCHES OR NICKS AT ALL. This guitar is in excellent condition and are extremely rare these days. Please note I actually broke the top E string literally 10 mins before these pics were taken, this has since been replaced. Apologies. To be shipped in worn but perfectly good hard case ( Non washburn standard ).

everything in that paragraph is meant to convey the message that this is an original n2.the word custom in the title was convieniently made to look as if you were referring to the paint,when reading that paragraph.shame on you.try a bit of honesty next time

This guitar is in excellent condition and are extremely rare these days.

this was worth quoting again...what exactly are you telling these people is rare?home made guitars or the original model?hmmpff

disgraceful

i think if you meant to be honest about it you would have given a link to the auction in the classifieds of this site...you would have recieved more interest that way,since alot of these guys liked it..the fact that you did not is also very suspicous

Really not good, man. You are in Australia- the Fair Trading Act applies to individuals here.

'A PERSON shall not engage in trade or commerce that is misleading or decieving, or likely to decieve or mislead'.

Seriosly man, a lot of nasty things can happen over that.

If I were you, I would remove the words Washburn, N2, etc from your ad.

Also saying in the title 'not Ibanez' etc is pretty misleading too. You used those trademarks to gain 'hits' during searches (so when some one searches Ibanez, THIS auction turns up).

I think this detracts from your credibility in realation to 'inocently' stuffing up the description. I think we can all draw our own conclussions here.

Luke

Whew, I was about to be pissed dude. Washburn might've busted you on that one..

Well its up again. I've just changed to this Beta version of Ebay and think I may have stuffed up the submission. I'd been waiting for it to list but obviously someone else got there first. It had 2 bids which I've now cancelled and emailed the bidders to explain why. i certainally had no intention of ripping people off so my apologies. hopefully now everyone is happy!

:D

i suggest next time making it obvious in the title that it is a home made guitar.

the entire ebay ad is an obvious fraud.that extra added bit you put in when you were busted does not fool me.it may anger you to be called out on it,but not as much as decietful selling practices anger me

and i quote

Selling 1 Nuno Bettencourt N2 Guitar with custom translucent blue paint. Excellent condition guitar hardly played with several extras. Natural Finish Rock Maple Neck with no lacquer. Just rubbed with lemon oil. This makes the neck extremely fast with 13 degree scarf joint ( Reverse Headstock ). Seymour Duncan Bridge Pickup with the standard Bill Lawrence in the Neck HH configuration. Sounds completely amazing. Incredibly low action with zero fret wear and buzz. Licenced Floyd Rose trem ( Missing Trem Bar - Cheap to replace ). Electrics just serviced and Pro set up completed approx 2 weeks ago. NO DINGS SCRATCHES OR NICKS AT ALL. This guitar is in excellent condition and are extremely rare these days. Please note I actually broke the top E string literally 10 mins before these pics were taken, this has since been replaced. Apologies. To be shipped in worn but perfectly good hard case ( Non washburn standard ).

everything in that paragraph is meant to convey the message that this is an original n2.the word custom in the title was convieniently made to look as if you were referring to the paint,when reading that paragraph.shame on you.try a bit of honesty next time

This guitar is in excellent condition and are extremely rare these days.

this was worth quoting again...what exactly are you telling these people is rare?home made guitars or the original model?hmmpff

disgraceful

i think if you meant to be honest about it you would have given a link to the auction in the classifieds of this site...you would have recieved more interest that way,since alot of these guys liked it..the fact that you did not is also very suspicous

never mind what I said earlier. because Wes is refering to the changed versian.. I belive he should be banned from this forum. That is downright dishonest and that kind of behavier should not be allowed here nore anywhere else.

can someone post a link to the auction I wanna see it for my self.

Edited by Godin SD

I just happen to know someone who bought an "Ibanez JEM" off ebay in Australia. Interesting 'home made' looking quality, CRAP fretwork, CRAP neck, CRAP body, CRAP trem, CRAP pickups.... looks like a jem from ten metres away though... if you close your eyes a little.

Not a bad purchase at $900 too :DB)

BUT HEY, nobody ever puts fake JEM decals on fake IBANEZ guitars and sells them on EBAY....do they!! Do they?? :D

man thats horriable. I hope noone thinks that about my guitar B) It's really not that bad I gotta just go in with a sanding spounge and clean up the fret edges... Other than that everything is going fine so far and it is better quailty (so far :D ) Than my godin (which is really saying something)

Edited by Godin SD

I can only second what Wes wrote and Wes IS REFFERING TO THE CHANGED VERSION. The whole title and description is written to sound like he's selling a real Washburn. And the disclaimer he added is a lie:

PLEASE NOTE THIS GUITAR HAS BEEN BUILT AS A CUSTOM AND ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN BUILT USING THE EXACT SPECS FROM THE FACTORY IS NOT A WASHBURN ORIGINAL

How criminal is that????

NOTHING on that guitar is built to exact specs of the original:

1. The neck joint is different

2. The finish on neck and body is different

3. The trem is a low quality crap unit

4. The Pu's are different

5. Even with bare eye you can see that the body shape is different

6. The brand of tuners is different

7. The neck contour will definately be different

8. I bet he did use different frets

I would like people like you to get jailed for these kind of auctions. People like you ruin the ebay expirience for everyone.

I am definately thinking about reporting that fraudulent listing to ebay.

O man I just saw the auction and I am pissed. I feel like leaving some horriable feedback. Or contacting Ebay and having them shut down his name. Man this should NOT happen.

Bro you need to revise it and tell the truth. I say no more...

O and heres the link to the auction. blah

Edited by Godin SD

ah for gods sake I'm just going to pull the advert. Happy now? Fantastic and dont worry about banning me I wont be here again. I tried to do everything you suggested but some of the muppets on here are still not happy so before giving the person a chance to change the listing again you decide to crucify him.

Number 1 check my feedback its excellent 100% NEVER HAVE I EVER ATTEMPTED TO DEFRAUD ANYONE! NEVER BEFORE HAVE I SOLD A GUITAR LIKE THIS SO I'm VERY SORRY IF I DIDNT DO IT CORRECTLY BUT FRANKLY YOUR REACTION ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE THE POINTS IS AGGRESSIVE AND PATHETIC. THE AUCTION WILL BE SHUT DOWN BEFORE THE END OF TODAY AND AGAIN I WILL CANCEL ALL BIDS AS I DID WHEN IT WAS FIRST POINTED OUT TO ME!!

Seriously dont fear you wont be seeing me here again. I dont need the accusations or insinuations. Have a great life. :D

Edited by Lesmortdansant

That was pretty angry. Dude, you don't need to leave for 1 misunderstanding. I thought it was unfair how they hounded a guy with perfect feedback, and who said he'd give money back. Granted, you should have said "Copy" or "Clone". You probably shouldn't try to sell your first on anyway. Have a great life yourself man.

If our accusations are so wrong and unfair then why did you pull the auction?

I tried to do everything you suggested but some of the muppets on here are still not happy so before giving the person a chance to change the listing again you decide to crucify him.

You could easily have changed the listing again nobody forced you to take it down.

Instead of attacking as you should have changed the listing again and be glad that we pointed it out BEFORE you get your first negative rating or maybe even more trouble.

So get it listed properly and you are welcome here every time I bet.

ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE THE POINTS

at least you can see the points.

look...this sort of thing is...bottom line...dishonest

if you don't like the way we reacted...then maybe next time you will think twice before trying to make money through false advertising.

as was mentioned before...even the specs you claim are "exact" are NOTHING like exact.

Ok to finish this one off. I ended the auction because I have no intention of ripping anyone off. I did a search on ebay before listing and followed what SEVERAL other advertisers were saying in regards to homemade guitars. I accept that was a mistake and have heard the comments you have posted here have now retracted the item and will not be listing it again.

The reason I'm annoyed is because number 1. None of you people know me, you dont know if I'm honest or not. However I take a lot of pride in the way I do business and as the listing stated ANYONE NOT HAPPY WITH IT UPON RECIEPT WILL RECIEVE A FULL REFUND. A FULL REFUND, FULL, COMPLETE, TOTAL.

Plus which rather than anyone being polite on here and pointing this out to a complete beginner to this selling guitars on ebay you all start jumping on the bandwagon. When if someone had bothered to have to manners to politely say hey listen I think you should do this as these are the problems we have experienced in the past, I would have been happy to listen without question.

I am Australian and Rhodes get off your high horse ok. Dont insult my nationalism or love for this country. I made a mistake and have now rectified it. I havent argued with your points because I'm mature enough to listen. But theres a way to dealing with people. Which obviusly reading some of the other threads in regards to this kind of topic on here you simply have no ability to handle.

GuitarMaestro what am I five years old or something? I listened and removed it based on what was said as for getting my first negative rating do you think that with any of my auctions I'd seriously risk that? would you? No of course not. I'd deal with it before it ever got that far which is what I have done. But dont preach to me about thanking people for saving my rating when frankly the witchunt I've just experienced is the way you guys go about it.

thanks

I listened and removed it based on what was said as for getting my first negative rating do you think that with any of my auctions I'd seriously risk that?

As far as I know you cannot give feedback without having bought the item. No reason to worry here.

Concerning the rest of the auction:

I cannot believe what you write. Granted this is the first guitar you sold, BUT

that is no reason to tell lies in the listing and you know you were not honest.

Or are you really convinced that that guitar is made to Washburn specs, etc.?

I can imagine that might happen in the excitement of selling one's first custom guitar....everybody makes mistakes. And the thing I respect most are people admitting their mistakes and fixing them which is what you are doing.

So relist it properly and forget about it. And sorry if my first post sounded harsh but I really get upest if I suspect a fraudulent ebay listing. I was ripped of 50$ by some wood seller who never shipped not long ago....

Ok to finish this one off. I ended the auction because I have no intention of ripping anyone off. I did a search on ebay before listing and followed what SEVERAL other advertisers were saying in regards to homemade guitars. I accept that was a mistake and have heard the comments you have posted here have now retracted the item and will not be listing it again.

The reason I'm annoyed is because number 1. None of you people know me, you dont know if I'm honest or not. However I take a lot of pride in the way I do business and as the listing stated ANYONE NOT HAPPY WITH IT UPON RECIEPT WILL RECIEVE A FULL REFUND. A FULL REFUND, FULL, COMPLETE, TOTAL.

Plus which rather than anyone being polite on here and pointing this out to a complete beginner to this selling guitars on ebay you all start jumping on the bandwagon. When if someone had bothered to have to manners to politely say hey listen I think you should do this as these are the problems we have experienced in the past, I would have been happy to listen without question.

I am Australian and Rhodes get off your high horse ok. Dont insult my nationalism or love for this country. I made a mistake and have now rectified it. I havent argued with your points because I'm mature enough to listen. But theres a way to dealing with people. Which obviusly reading some of the other threads in regards to this kind of topic on here you simply have no ability to handle.

GuitarMaestro what am I five years old or something? I listened and removed it based on what was said as for getting my first negative rating do you think that with any of my auctions I'd seriously risk that? would you? No of course not. I'd deal with it before it ever got that far which is what I have done. But dont preach to me about thanking people for saving my rating when frankly the witchunt I've just experienced is the way you guys go about it.

thanks

so if it is all a misunderstanding just relist it properly and be done with it.there is no witch hunt.i and others are just taken aback by all the fraudulent claims and misleading wording.

i am inclined to believe what you say,just because i tend to believe everyone unless proven otherwise.i am not cynical...i believe most people are basically honest.

but you and i both know you would get more money for that guitar by listing it like you did,which makes it dishonest.

if you list it as an entirely home built guitar with no brand affiliation,you will be lucky to get 1/2 of what you would get with it listed as is.that makes a fool of the buyer....see my point?

Westhemann I do see your point, however you will have to excuse my idiocy as I can honestly say I had no idea that by listing this item as a real guitar ( which believe it or not was not my intention ) I would get more money for it. Dumb I know but honestly the situation. In hindsight I wont be listing it again as personally I dont want ANYONE to be able to say I'm a con artist or rip off merchant.

I'm new to the hobby, new to listing this type of thing on ebay and yes people genuinely do make mistakes, I've been more than transparent here. However to be accused outright of this without the opportunity for me to rectify it ( if you check the thread you'll see what I mean ) well you may as well have just hung drawn and quatered me.

Thank you for being reasonable and understanding this situation with your last post. But frankly I'm insulted and downright p*##ed off. Whatever did as you say happen to innocent before proven guilty. Maybe some people on this site need to start thinking rather than ganging up with there mates. Nepotism seems to be thriving well.

Anyway thats me all done. Good luck with all your building efforts.