A Cool Lil Amp Project

Nalo1022

I recently found an old RCA radio http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14707605/

The first thing I thought when i saw it it was how cool of a little amp it would make, so heres my idea.

-Clean it up

-Maybe re-cloth the grill on it

-Gut the insides entirely

-Swap out the guts of a small practice amp

I was also thinking it woudl be great to put in a smalltube amp 5-10 watts so i could crank it and overdrive the tubes and not ahve an outrageously loud sound. Now if i got a small tube amp unit that was p2p i could easily move the pots to the preexisting holes, but if i get an amp where the pots are soldered to a board it may notwork out. Would it be possibel to desolder pots from a baord thensolder wries in its palce running to the corresponding lugs on the pot?

I ithnk this woudl be a awesome lookin amp and a interesting conversation peice.

hey now that is pretty cool. im not sure i like the knobs on it tbh but thats just a personal (and fairlly petty thing). id go for it

I see some handmade ones go on ebay sometimes from Canada. Just search tube amps and look for the lowest price cause I see them go for under 100.

-Jamie

ive been searching ebay but does anybody know of a palce that sells tube amps already constructed that just require a case adns speaker? It seems liek a long shot but if there is a palce or anyone who has a lil amp liek that it woudl be a great help

like here?

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/K...nder5e3Kits.htm

sgesales@charter.net sells a great marshall plexi clone based of a real 68

with a fender style clean

ive been searching ebay but does anybody know of a palce that sells tube amps already constructed that just require a case adns speaker? It seems liek a long shot but if there is a palce or anyone who has a lil amp liek that it woudl be a great help

like here?

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/K...nder5e3Kits.htm

whats the wattage on them? it doesnt say

ya 15 watt tube is plenty.....im just looking for soemithng small that i can playa roudn with plus the it has to be physically small so i can stuff it in the old radio body lol butya i mean im looking to make more aof a playabel conversation peice hence why i was thinkin of the ax84 kits ive heard good things abotu them adn they soudn nice

.....i just noticed i hadt postedthe ebay link