La Triestele

A recently completed project for a client in Italy. Slightly different specs too.

triesteleincase800x600.JPG

5 String 24" scale neck

two Jason Lollar pickups - the neck pickup is perpendicular to the strings

7lb. 4oz. - 3.2 kg

3 - way, volume, no tone control

The owner was surprised by the acoustic volume and sustain. He said it rings clear on every fret.

When I was setting it up I was really impressed with the Lollar pickups. I think I'm getting an idea of how a tone snob gets there.

The design on the top was what happens when you leave a machinist at the end of the road in Alaska - unsupervised.

Hey man Good to see Ya back again!! B) WOW I realy like what you did with the last frets there Ian not a fan of the headstock but man that's a deadly guitar

and cool volume knob Did you make that one?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hey Matt, He made the whole guitar outta metal, and he bought the Knob jk.. thats a sweet axe, speaking of which, have your ever thought of making a real axe bass? hah. sorry im in a weird mood.

Well I Was going to buy one not a bass body but a guitar body from metalcarver

But I just dont have the money to spend on a body witch realy sucks because

me and metalcarver where geting some realy deadly Ideas!! man one day one day B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

All of the configuration details were requested by the customer. He plays strictly slide in an open G# tuning and he doesn't use the 6th string at all. He has several others set up the same way. He only finger frets the strings up to #15 so I suggested putting in markers for the high frets flush with the fingerboard. Gives a little more slapping room.

The inlay is aluminum. Pretty easy to put in, but filing flat and polishing puts little specs of metal in the pores int rosewood and it oxidizes black so it was really hard to keep the wood clean. Probably work better with ebony or synthetic fingerboard.

I'm about 60 air miles south of Anchorage = 180 miles through the mountains by road. Nikiski, Alaska about 1500 people scattered around the area. The onry ones are kind of hard to count though.

After talking with MM a little I'm sure that if we were locked into a shop with plenty of tools and material some very strange things would come out = if we survived. He has an evil mind.

After talking with MM a little I'm sure that if we were locked into a shop with plenty of tools and material some very strange things would come out = if we survived. He has an evil mind.

HAHAHA :D Thank's man I do have an EVIL mind dont I :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

All of the configuration details were requested by the customer.  He plays strictly slide in an open G# tuning and he doesn't use the 6th string at all.  He has several others set up the same way.  He only finger frets the strings up to #15 so I suggested putting in markers for the high frets flush with the fingerboard.  Gives a little more slapping room.

The inlay is aluminum.  Pretty easy to put in, but filing flat and polishing puts little specs of metal in the pores int rosewood and it oxidizes black so it was really hard to keep the wood clean.  Probably work better with ebony or synthetic fingerboard.

I'm about 60 air miles south of Anchorage = 180 miles through the mountains by road.  Nikiski, Alaska  about 1500 people scattered around the area.  The onry ones are kind of hard to count though.

After talking with MM a little I'm sure that if we were locked into a shop with plenty of tools and material some very strange things would come out = if we survived.  He has an evil mind.

crazy. but hot nonetheless

Oh yes. Time. hm well I charged for 45 hours. But looking at the fuss over the neck, they were very long hours. I work metal so my shop reflects it. So when I have to work on some wood I have to clean everything wipe down etc. and then I get a beautiful piece of birdseye like on this one (they wink at you) and I feel like I'm transplanting a thumping bleeding heart into a new body. Add to that the fact that this was my first inlay job and the fact that I learned to cuss in an underground mine honed with years in the oil patch,... well there were some tense times...

Hey- Metallic Mathew- how cold there? Saskatoon is one of those chilly places I hear. Down south there in those little provinces that is...

It's a balmy -25 C. here.

Tongue got stuck to the gitar

Well It's not to cold Right know But man Are we geting A wicked Snow storm

There's Watches and Warnings all over right now where geting dumped on real good if you have the global weather channel check it out and You can see what Where going through right now, but It's way beter then the cold we had a while ago -50 with the wind chill DAM that was cold like frostbite lose a lim kinda cold

but It's all just life in canada and I love it :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Guess I'm one of the few who can refer to you as being "south of the border"

HAHAHAHA B)

Guess what When I got up to start my van so I could head out to pick up some new part's that I've been waiting for I could not open my front door the snow was so deep It took me 15 min to to get that Dam door open and then I stepped outside only to find my self knee deep in fresh snow so Ya know what I did................................... "nothing" :D I just turned around and came right back inside, there's no way in hell Iam going out today Iam going sit in hear on my lazzy BUT with my hot coffee and the heat on full :D