Tab Help.

monkey69962000

Hey PG,

Havent been on in a while, computer problem, well on to the delema.

Im going to camp this summer, but i think i will take my PocketPC or PalmPiolet with me. Anyone know where to download a pack of tabs. I want a lot so if anyone know a way to get a lot of tabs fast please post.

Thanks,

Monkey

The mother of all tab repositories is OLGA The Online Guitar Archive. I've checked numerous other tab sites and found that all they do is refer to or "steal" from OLGA. Its been around since about 1990 and even managed to weather the BMI copyright litigation onslaught in the late 90's. :D

Edited by Southpa

Well i just want to get a huge library of about a website or two worth of tabs. I want to go to camp and be the guitar resource, which i was last year only from a little month or two of studying this site for 14 hours a day. Well i want to make sure i can try and play new songs while there. Amonth is a long time. So ill check some sites you guys mentioned. OLGA you need to download a song at a time. Im looking for packs of tabs to download at one time. If anyone has a lot saved PM if your willing to send the library to me.

Thanks,

Monkey

Sory i havent been on frequently as i have in the past, so sorry if this effected anyone, probably not becuase im not as important as other people here.

Edited by monkey69962000

He's correct, the OLGA tabs are horribly wrong most of the time.. I have every issue of Guitar World from 1989 until now, I have every Guitar One Magazine ever put out, even when they had Guitar School, Maximum Guitar, and most of the Guitar For The Praciting Musician from way back. I have over 40 Tab books, 300 backing tracks, and even UK Magazines on guitar playing, etc...etc,. So I say to you my friend.. what songs do you need? lol

I like blues. but i have most the music in my head, i do more solo improvising then actual songs. But i do want to play with people at camp. So electronic tabs,not sheet paper. I want it on a txt file or any computer file. I have a pocket pc i want to put it on, and i can get memory for it. I want like a whole library. I want from surfer music to metal to classic rock to acoustic to... well a whole library. So please help. I think people are miss interpreting this. I dont want a site that you can look up tabs, i want to download them. Camp has no internet access for campers.

Thanks,

Sorry for being a little grouchy. Long day with the teams robot and school.

why not download powertab onto your pocket pc, find all the tabs you want NOW, and get them on there, and then buy the time camp comes along, you can have your library of tabs, plus, powertabs are about 95% correct i find

Curtis

I LOVE bad TAB!! That is more fun than........ugh.....vomiting? No, projectile vomiting! OLGA had an advertiser or a link where you could sort by music styles and get a butt-load of presorted TABs but I think they charge money for it.

I like blues. but i have most the music in my head, i do more solo improvising then actual songs. But i do want to play with people at camp. So electronic tabs,not sheet paper. I want it on a txt file or any computer file. I have a pocket pc i want to put it on, and i can get memory for it. I want like a whole library. I want from surfer music to metal to classic rock to acoustic to... well a whole library. So please help. I think people are miss interpreting this. I dont want a site that you can look up tabs, i want to download them. Camp has no internet access for campers.

Thanks,

Sorry for being a little grouchy. Long day with the teams robot and school.

they were giving you those links to sites so you could go on them, find what you like, and save them on your computer...i don't think you're going to find guitartabpack4_gr84camp.zip anywhere.

I agree about the OLGA tabs. I've found it even worse than 70% wrong. I can't handle all the incorrect tablature and even simple chords they have over there. Powertabs are definitely the way to go for the free stuff.

If you happen to have some guitar magazines that you want the tablature from, but in electronic form (as you mention), you could do worse than:

a ) scan the tab in black and white (saves memory) at about 300 dpi resolution

b ) tidy it up in any old image editor with a crop and rotate function

c ) insert as a graphic into an OpenOffice.org document

d ) export as PDF

Then you're sorted! I've been making a binder of my magazine tabs and lessons that interest me, and it's been working so far! I tried high resolution scanning and high resolution printing and I actually found the 300dpi and then printing in Draft mode to be the clearest, for the hardcopy!

Greg