Jemfest 2005- June 24 & 25th- Orlando, Fl

Hey folks! Jemfest time again!

Here's the info:

DATE: June 24th and 25th

VENUE: Radisson Resort Worldgate

TIME: Afternoon-ish until they turn out the lights! :-)

ARTISTS: I'm still working on confirmations from artists, but trust me- they are all fantastic. There's going to be something for everyone. Well, maybe not the rap guys. LOL I'll post a complete list/schedule as soon as we have it.

ADMISSION: FREE!!! But we do respectfully ask for donations at the door.

We've blocked off rooms at the hotel especially for Jemfest attendees. In order to get the group rate, you'll need to call them (toll free) at 866-705-7676 and mention "Group Code: Jemfest". That will get you the discounted rate on rooms. We've tried to get all the Jemfest rooms next to each other to limit the number of late night noise complaints. You know who you are...heh heh.

The rooms are a touch more expensive than last year, BUT...it's 10x the hotel, and it's super-close to Disney, Downtown Disney, and it has a FREE shuttle to all the major parks (Universal, Sea World, etc.) Trust me- this place is AWESOME! Great venue for the event, 2 pools, a couple of restaurants...all within the hotel! The downside is that they don't have a free shuttle to the airport, so if you need wheels to/from the airport, contact Gabe or Kevan and we'll come and get you or drop you off.

Again this year we'll be doing a live webcast, or at least as live as we can get it with the available hookups at the hotel. So, if you can't make it down this year, you can still catch the performances from the comfort of your easy chair. You'll only miss out on the room jams, Brian running around the main pool in his thong (again), and all the other cool stuff we do over the weekend.

As soon as I have the artist schedule, I'll post it here.

I'm seriously thinking about going... I might just show up B) Who knows right now though. I've got so much stuff going on I'm not sure if I can make it. It would rock to get to meet the faces behind the guitars though :D Just found te website and it is very imformative. Looks like my family and I might go down there for a vacation this summer :D

Edited by Godin SD

UPDATE

Holy crap! Artist confirmations are coming in fast and furious! We have a bunch of new folks with sick amounts of talent joining us this year, and some Jemfest regulars...

- ROB BALDUCCI- Rob's been with us from the begining, and he'll be with us until the end. His latest album, "Color Of Light" is available thru Favored Nations. Rob will probably be doing tracks from this record and a few of your favorites off the older albums, Balance and Mantra. Check out Rob's new site, and cool new message board here: www.robbalducci.com

Don't forget about Rob's "Lick Of The Week". Fun stuff!

- GARY SCHUTT- Gary's been to a couple of Jemfests, but hasn't played...until now! This Berklee grad has a bunch of records out, including one called "Excruciating Pleasures" which is entirely about a psycho ex-girlfriend. LMAO I love that record. :D You'll catch him around the Tampa area with his own band, or globe-trotting as the bassist for Jeff Scott Soto. Gary's got a bunch of new originals that he'll be playing at Jemfest 2005. You can check him out here: www.garyschutt.com Oh, and yes- he's the guy that does the "Yngwie B. Goode" song. :D The Download section has plenty of stuff to check out.

- MIKE MARTIN- This Eric Sands-find is one serious player. With a background in classical, jazz and full-bore metal, Mike can get the guitar work done....no matter the genre'. This was proved to us back in 2002 when he played with Eric Sands' band "Strangeworld", and dropped some solos that discouraged a lot of up and coming players. LOL Mike got a call one day to join his buddy Sean Delson in the band Fozzy. WWF/WWE fans will know the name Fozzy; it's wrestler Chris Jericho's band. They started out doing covers, and now have some great originals on a new record. Mike's having a blast doing the Fozzy thing, dropping in for some fun with Rich Ward's group,Stuck Mojo, and performing live all over Atlanta. You can get a preview of Mike's stuff here: www.mikemartin.net , and then Fozzy stuff can be found here: www.fozzyrock.com (Check out Mike playing his UV777PBK in the video for "Enemy". Nice!)

So far, so great. As soon as I get more confirmations, I'll let you folks know.

This year is gonna ROCK!

Well I was actually scheduled to be in New Zealand this year at that time which would have meant I would miss it but as problems and changes occur it looks like it's thong time once again! wOOt

This time though I'll be much better prepaired then last year, whoa started out with great intentions and dropped the ball helping out the first day :D

Hummmmmm to stay at the hotel n party or?

Ahh thats a no brainer :D

• 2 months later...

Well... Jemfest was a blast! The artist lineup was incredible! The lack of sleep was profound. As expected, I had a great time. It was so cool to meet all the people, or should I say "some of the people". I was just too dam busy to chat with everyone I wanted to. Good to see you again Brian.

Photos are up at Jemfest.com