Yngwie Malmsteen Strat Project Built Online

randyciakdotcom

And you think people will volunteer this information to you......specially after reading all the B.S. that is presented on your website.

This board has history of amateurs presenting their work as pro's. Doesn't go over very well....

You're damaged goods now. Sorry, dude!!!

Edited by RGGR

'Using a photo of the original Duck

to replicate each and every scratch'

lol, if you look at your guitar an then the orignal the main wear on the front of it is a good 1 and a half inches lower on yours than on the original

as for tips check out all the tutorials on www.projectguitar.com and once youve read them do a search on the forum on anything you need more help on, and if you cant find anything then ask the members, in that order, lol, youll get a better reception of the members that way, thats what i do as im still a newbie guitar builder myself

Thats a great opinion but lets get down to the details - This neck/ guitar is far from being done, so tell me, from your experience, how can or what is the best method of scalloping and finishing a rosewood neck - please give details on the specifics - tools, method, radius and depth of scallop - finishing tactics and any information that can help.

Thanks

Dean

Just look at the tutorials posted all over the forum, in special the TUTORIAL section, then got to http://www.projectguitar.com/menu/tutorial.htm , all the work is done for you, you just have to read a little bit.

And by looking at your site, it looks as if the neck is done! already bolted into the guitar. As for your playing I can't comment since I don't play no more than 2 power chords.

Umm.. seems someone plays better than they build...   :D

I don't know that I'd agree.

Dave - Thats a great opinion but lets get down to the details - This neck/ guitar is far from being done, so tell me, from your experience, how can or what is the best method of scalloping and finishing a rosewood neck - please give details on the specifics - tools, method, radius and depth of scallop - finishing tactics and any information that can help.

Thanks

Dean

Sure. Click the "search" link and type "scallop" in the "Search By Keywords" text box. Then click the "Perform The Search" button.

But I'm a little confused. Your site offers custom work. Why would you need to ask for help on scalloping after you've offered such services?

shred died a long time ago when will people let it go?????

When non talented musicians stop taking all the media attention, and mediocre guitar players learn how to play a solo, and stop BSing that the song didn't needed a solo like the NuCrap. I mean NuMetal movement. I'm glad Satriani, Toni McAlpine, Vai, Petrucci, Yngwie, Michael Angelo and others are still here motivating new comers. That way some kids will still hear the difference between good players and lame players.

Umm.. seems someone plays better than they build...   :D

I don't know that I'd agree.

B) --> :D

BTW, im still surprised about this thread still being open, we should delete the first 3 posts and rename this thread to something more appropriate... Dead Rock bands that still live"??? :D

OK, I'll chime in. Scott moved it to where it belongs so the flaming can stop.

I think randy could have approached this differently and left out the selling info.......but what's done is done. You guys have to admit he held up pretty good even though you were flaming him pretty bad. We've all seen others explode a lot quicker so.....let's give randy a chance and see if he's here to learn what he doesn't know and teach us what he does. If it was a spam attempt I'm sure he won't be back.

Randy.....please read the forum rules over and make sure threads are placed in the appropriate sections. We don't have a problem with selling stuff on PG but it has to be in the classified or auction sections.

All negative comments on his work can stop too unless they are constructive. Read the forum rules if you don't or can't understand what I mean. Let me help if you are too lazy to go to the rules page:

3. There is be no flaming, derogatory remarks, use of continuous foul or explicit language (The Old Golden rule applies, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all)

If you feel a thread is in the wrong section use the "Report Thread" button and one of the mods will move it. The system works - use it.

Consider this your warning (you know who you are).

Edited by bluespresence