Feel Sorry For Me!

neocon58

SO, lets get this straight. They sold you a POS at $200(aus) off because of a tiny chip. When you got this home, you discovered that the lack of 2 frets threw the scale length WAY off. Some nimrod at the Korean factory forgot his medication and put the wrong neck on. Now, adding all this together... the shop's going to give you a UN nicked, perfectly good guitar at the same defective discount price... and you want me to feel sorry for you? I can't. You sir are now my hero.

SO, lets get this straight. They sold you a POS at $200(aus) off because of a tiny chip. When you got this home, you discovered that the lack of 2 frets threw the scale length WAY off. Some nimrod at the Korean factory forgot his medication and put the wrong neck on. Now, adding all this together... the shop's going to give you a UN nicked, perfectly good guitar at the same defective discount price... and you want me to feel sorry for you? I can't. You sir are now my hero.

lol, I thought you were having a crack at me (i think you kinda are) but you have a good point. They should be ringing me to say my new unchipped baby is in from Sydney tomorrow.

I can't believe it got through the Quality checks at the factory. I know it's Korean, but jeez, It's still Ibanez!

And I probably didn't explain enough about the chip. It's about the size of 4-5 small pinheads, chipped barely through the finish, but it's on the back of the guitar.

Rather than type everything again, I'll just link my Ultimate-Guitar Thread.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showt...threadid=203067

The way I see it, you got a Korean RG for 200 Australian dollars less just for waiting some time. You're one lucky guy.

The RG with an S neck is horrendous though.

Another point for the fact that it's factory workers and not luthiers building those guitars.

:D

unless it's like a ferrari or mercedes

Um, have you driven a Mercedes in the last five years? Utter pile of junk.

I have a friend who owns a garage that works exclusively on Mercedes cars. He does a lot of work on classics but also works on the current models, and he's so disappointed with them and their reliability that he's actually started telling people (with no ifs, ands, or buts) not to buy a new Mercedes. He says they've basically become disposable cars that you can only drive for a couple of years before they croak.

That said, my parents have an '88 Mercedes that's a great car that I think you could drive until the apocalypse without doing it much harm.

Oh, and you're one lucky *******, man - that's a great deal :D. A few days never killed anyone.

yes.that guy on the other site is right.you should have 24 frets and that is throwing your intonation off.

why do i get the feeling that some clueless guy is going to tell me it makes no difference?

OMGZ!!!111!!! UR DUMB. DAT DUZN'T MAKE NE DIFFFERNCE!!!111 MAKE ME MOD!

Sorry, had to do it :D