Battle Of The Death Metal Guitars

It seems like us metal heads have the competition monopolized at the moment. Good luck to you and it's good to see you and the IMPALER in the running this month. Looks sweet, deadly and evil all at the same time. Get your next one done for July, I will have another one ready to go if the paint is done.

I hope I hane my wenge guitars done in time.  I really wan't too run up aganist the impaler and see who wins B)  I'm almost done.  All I have too do is finish finishing the body and than bolt all the hardware on :D

if you win, the impaler might come after you.. :D

Both those guitars are really nice looking.

the impaler might come after you..

Hey Godin man WATCH OUT I have no control over the IMPALER shes a wild beast

:D hury up and get thouse guitars done man I cant wait to see them!

And Ragas man Im loveing that V man good stuff! did you know that when I first started the IMPALER she was going to be a fretless and now you got me wanting to give it a try again GREAT more to think about :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

all day yesterday the grain filler was drying so I couldn't do andthing yesterday :D But this morning I sanded the body flat and I JUST now got done putting on the first coat of sanding sealer. The wenge looks just freaking awesome next to the contrasting flame maple B) I'll be selling these two guitars for about $1400 each. I already have two buyers lined up B) If all goes well at least one should be done this week :D

I can't help but feel that if I win, ragas and matts guitars will come and kill me in the night :D

Edited by Godin SD

OOOW :D they sound nice I cant wait to see them man! so are you going with the same body design as the last one??

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Matt, playing a fretless is so wierd, I f you want fret markers like I have on mine let me know, I will tell you how I did it, its real easy. Godin, can't wait to see your next guitar.

I think between me and matt we could kill a few people with our guitars. Hopefully some more weapons will make it to the competition.

Auccually It's the same body design and headstock design as my first. Only the body is now a carved top AND back and It's much smaller. The other guitar was like 15" lower bout and like 21" long and this one is like 11.5" lower bout and like 16" long. dude I just held it up in front of a mirror too see how it looks and I have to say, this is THE best guitar design EVER. Not that I'm biased or anything :D:D Seriously it looks freakin AWEOMSE straped on. I think I'll have to have a pic of me holding it for GOTM. So ya'll can finally see me and laugh at how I look B)

Edited by Godin SD

I sure that one was for Ragas but I just got the chance to play one to day and well there realy sweeet but odd at the same time Im not realy a deadly guitar finger picking kind of guy and theres no cording and them things :D and after awhile I found that the tips of my fingers started to realy hurt------ but im just not use to it

the sound was soooooo cool I just fell in love with the dam thing I almost walked out with it but Im sure the store owner would of had a problem with that! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

The fretless is the smoothest feeling guitar I have ever played. I have flatwound strings first of all and there is a finish on the fingerboard. Its the same finish on the whole guitar, makes finishing really easy, no masking. And like Matt said, its not for doing too many chords, some are just impossible. But I love it, it is so different and awkward but very comfortable at the same time. The fingerboard just feels so slick. And hopefully when the money is available I will start on my next guitar, an 8 string. I already built one but its signed by SLAYER and I dont want to mess it up. Gonna be a second standard model for me when I start doing guitars full time. The design is almost done.

sorry if its been mentioned before, bit how does the (fretless) fretboard handle the friction of the strings? doesnt it get worn down really quickly?

i have to say, that guitar is like something from satans nightmares! its just incredible!