My Newest Body Design

doublecutaway.jpg

(Ignore that the sides are cut off)

So what do you think? How can I make it better.

It's gonna be 24" scale legenth, maple body, mabye a figured maple cap. If I put a figured cap or veneer it will be a green burst. If I don't put a veneer it will be a solid color. What color would look good?

Edited by Godin SD

Hi godin, I loved your first project, especially the fretboard.

I think this body design could use a little work, personally the upper horn seems a little longish and pointy. I dont know what might fix it but i will play around with it and see what happens. Otherwise, I love the shape of the lower bout and lower horn.

Here is what i did in like three minutes. I think i like the way that the upper horn comes back into the body a little only because it keeps your eyes on the guitar. Like my art teacher says, A good composition leads the natural flow of the eye back into the work (or something crazy like that.)

any way i didnt want to make a new post so here it is, what do you think??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/sas...godindesign.jpg

Edited by sashimimi

That design rocks! Really retro looking. If it was me... I'd paint it surf green or a baby blue, put a nice forearm contour like a strat, and put a white pearl pickguard on it shaped somewhat like a telecaster deluxe... kinda like this one:

Tt-6300.jpg

That would totally rock! And, I would have to buy it from you.

Surf on!

I like it the why it is, It's a deadly design It look's like it would feal soooo nice to hold and play! now lets see the real thing! :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I like the 1st design better than the stretch one, got a feel like the Wolfgang, MusicMAn or OPL. I think that everythink looks good to proportion, if he had to anythink it will be better to enlarge the body proportionaly, not just elongate it. It look too slinky.

Some people try too hard design a body that's "different" and they end up with something that's unbalanced (visually and/or physically) and kind of amateurish. This is not one of those situations. :D

I like it the way it is. It's nicely proportioned and is different enough that it has its own unique character, but it's not different just for the sake of being different. It actually looks pretty cool. It does have a hint of Music Man Albert Lee, crossed with a Brian May "red special".

As far as finishes go, i think something like this would look really great.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not a new design (if it makes any difference, probably not)

You could just hunt down the one already made like that and copy one.

I saw it in one of those GP magazines they have once every year that shows all the new stuff for the year, it's an extra big issue with hundreds of pics of guits, fab gear, effects, amps, etc...maybe a year, maybe 2 years ago...

And believe it or not, it was frosty silver.

:D:DB)

I agree with Sashimimi, in that the the upper horn being slightly more curved makes the headstock curve really grab your attention as an extension of the whole. (but what do I know, I recently had to have this pointed out to me on my own project by those in this forum). :D

Nate Robinson

I hate to break it to you, but that's not a new design (if it makes any difference, probably not)

You could just hunt down the one already made like that and copy one.

I saw it in one of those GP magazines they have once every year that shows all the new stuff for the year, it's an extra big issue with hundreds of pics of guits, fab gear, effects, amps, etc...maybe a year, maybe 2 years ago...

And believe it or not, it was frosty silver.

:D  :D  B)

Gawd that Freakin SUCKS! Geez can't you make an "original" guitar design any more?

O BTW It will be carved top, and that silver is looking prety hot right now. And maiden, the reason for the 24" scale is I like the ones I've built so far with it. I like the sound and the feel.

It does have a hint of Music Man Albert Lee

Ah, that's what it reminded me! You're right!

Although I don't like that design very much (at least on paper, guess that in real I would judge it differently) I would love to see it with a sort of "Sour Appleburst" like the one Jeremy has on his website... (Btw, Jeremy, I just love that burst)

Oh and Godin, perhaps the bottom-left part could be a bit less big... And if you promise to use different tuners, then I guarantee you got my vote :D

Edited by Mr.Churchyard

doublecutaway.jpg

(Ignore that the sides are cut off)

So what do you think?  How can I make it better.

It's gonna be 24" scale legenth, maple body, mabye a figured maple cap.  If I put a figured cap or veneer it will be a green burst.  If I don't put a veneer it will be a solid color.  What color would look good?

Hmmm ...

Los Straitjackets Model