Mr. Quilty

I would have wrapped them in 1/2" of corrugated cardboard, boxed them, and shipped them to:

Mr. Setch

London, U.K.

:D:DB) I liked that one! :D

The boards were only about 3/8" thick, so the carve is not steep, but it works perfect for what I had in mind:

1. This guitar body shape looks totally stupid with a flat top on it, it HAS to have a carved top, even a LITTLE, then it looks fine.

2. I'm going to do a Floyd on it, and I don't like Floyd's on high-arched guitars.

So really, it works out just right.

This is what it looks like now. The pic doesn't show the carved top or the accents very well, but they're there, and I'm not quite done with it yet.

Carve-6wet.jpg

Really, very, very nice.

Without the carve the shape looks like a woman with no waist, but once the carve goes on it's a corker!

p.s. All you folks rushing to mail me free quilt, PM me for a full address. I can't guarantee any parcels addressed to Mr. Setch will arrive safely.

WOW The Wood Is Nut's!! :D And I Think I like The Design But Im not sure Yet :D

Your Sure Haveing Fun with That Grinder :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Derek, there's no finish on them yet, it was just water for the pics.

When the dyes hit these babies, ... B):D .

And I Think I like The Design But Im not sure Yet

That's understandable Matt, because it is a geezer metal design.

Designed more for the 40-year-old metalhead than the 20-year-old, hehehe..

Actually, that body shape I stole from the Jerry Garcia guitars, but not so wolf-eared as his were, more sorta 'rocket-from-the-crypt' thang. :D

Ok I just Looked At Jerry Garcia guitars and I forund the one that you are talking about and MAN I like Your's A lot more!!

It's Like You Bred A Tele with A Beast :D It's Rubing off on me Man

so are You going With A Metal theam? What Style Of A headstock Have You got in mind?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I didn't like the body shape at all until I saw the picture with the carve and now I think I'm falling in love with this design. Sick quilt by the way. If they were mine I wouldn't take dye anywhere near these ones but to each his own. Good luck with the rest of the project.