Metal,metal,metal..got Some Numetal Shred

joeydahlia

Not Bad Not really my kind of thing but good for What It is,

But The Rhythm Guitar Need's More definition Bring Down the reverb and bring up your tone And Mid's A bit :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

The general premise of the whole nu-metal thing was that solo's went out the window... so how you can chuck a nu-metal label on a song thats just one big solo I have no idea :D

I also think the reverb needs to come down a smidge to clean things up a bit, but besides that it's pretty cool! Not entirely my sort of thing, but cool nonetheless.

- Dan

Well I am in my 3rd year still...

why do you insist on lying,mr. dahlia?

do you really think we have forgotten how long you have ACTUALLY been playing and how old you are since the last time you were here?

joey dahlia is a full grown man(in his 40s if i recall correctly) who has been playing guitar since the 80s(also if i recall correctly)

if you want to zero in on your age and the exact year you first started playing...be my guest.none of this "i started when i was 18 but did not take it seriously until i was 42" b.s.

and please don't start with the "swords of the naysayers" stuff again

Some thoughts:

As with what the others have said, the rythm guitar is way boomy.

There's a bass guitar in there somewhere, but you can only hear it for that brief breakdown in the middle.

Overall, that sounds nothing like any nu metal I've heard. I like it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

The guitar tone isn't bad but it's a Bettencourt style of production. Guitars 11 everything else 10 (spinal tap associative). As the song goes, it's not a complete song. It's a tasty riff repeated way too many times. It needs to go some where, you're paying way too much attention to wanking and not enough to the structure of the tune.

:D

Well I am in my 3rd year still...

So to me NuMetal..is more old school now..

JoeyDahlia

:D huh?

IMO its neither numetal or shred, its one riff with

IMO a solo that has a total lack of direction.

why is it that every thread ive read with joey in it has him getting found out for lying about how long hes been playing?

yet he still does it B)

joey dahlia is a full grown man

:D:D

It sounds like some of those preview clips from musiciansfriend or something.

Theres nothing wrong with nu-metal, its just that every band that I have heard that is nu-metal imo sucks (lyrics) and they cant play.

-Jamie

Nu Metal is nothing like OLD metal, get a life man... NuMetal is a pop'ish crap that somebody that couldn't play guitar solos came up with in order to make it to the mainstream, and there ain't no NuMetal shred either, not even on your clip... And I can care less how long you have been playing, everytime you post either here or at hte Jem site is the same ****!

Get real, admit your status and get over it, this way people will atart respecting you and not dissing you every time you appear in a forum!

I have been playing for quite a few years, but never got a guitar of my own until 4 yrs now, and I can't play a solo or a good riff to save my life! I don't care since I found a way to divert my passion for guitars on building instead of playing...I still play every time I get a chance, which is a miracle now that I'm deplyed to Korea, so I hope to get a bit better. But your playing has been stagnant for the last 2 yrs or so, and still make claims of "grandeur" which you ain't...

Blah, I'm tired of writting about this..

You know, it's not half bad - but it's not exactly good, either, is it? Same complaints as before, I'm afraid - too much reverb, too many guitar tracks all in the same tonal range, and a 3 minute tune with about 40 seconds worth of ideas. Try remixing it with the rhythm tracks dry and EQ'd and editing it to about 2 minutes. And stop already with the "I've only been playing for 20 minutes" stuff - it's not true, everybody knows it, and it doesn't excuse the same amateurish excesses in every mix you post. You can sheath that rubber sword now - I'm through. :D