Ok What Are The Best Tuneing Machines

!!METAL MATT!!

Ok I Would Like To Know What would Be The Best Tuners For Keeping Your Axe In tune? And Why

I have To find Some for The Brutalizer, I would Normaly go for Schaller

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I use locking Schallers on my Strat and never have tuning problems, even with aggressive stock trem usage. They really beefed up the tone and balance when I installed them, too. Good 'nuff for me, prolly replace the tuners on the LP with some standard Schallers once I get a job again.

Why wouldn't you use them if you normally use them? I didn't see any mention of it in the Brutalizer thread, unless I missed it?

Edited by crafty

Why wouldn't you use them if you normally use them? I didn't see any mention of it in the Brutalizer thread, unless I missed it?

I Would Use These again http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,...r_Machines.html

But I want something REALLY REALLY Good,I Like Them But I Find Them to look Kinda Cheep and Basic, That And Im Geting Sick of the Same Thing Over and Over :D

Ya sperzels Sound Kinda Cool!! :D

So Either Steinberger Gearless Or sperzels

Where Would Be The Best Place To Buy The sperzels?

I used these mini locking grovers on the wenge guitar and it stays i ntune really well. It hasn't gone out of tune in about a week. (with extreme playing, bending strings and such...) Plus I like them because there is no knob to turn. All you have to do is put the string in and tune.

I also have a set of the steinberger gearless in black that I will sell you for cheap but I think one of them is broken. I'll have to ckeck on that...

Edited by Godin SD

Though I'm tempted to go for the Gotoh vintage style lockers for my strat n' tele...

I got a set of those for my strat, and I will be changing them out next time I do some work on it. I don't know if I just got a bad set, but they are the polar opposite of 'smooth'. There is nothing subtle about their operation, making it a real pain to fine tune with them. If all the sets are like mine, then I would definitely keep walking im afraid :D

On topic, PLEASE Matt don't get those steinberger gearless tuners! Sure they 'reduce' clutter by getting rid of the knobs, but god! they are so chunky in areas where I personally am not used to seeing chunk. I think they are hideous B) Godin SD's guitar only cemented that for me... no offense to Godin, it was a cool guitar, but those black gearless tuners just... ugh!

:D

- Dan

The Planet Waves Auto-Trim Locking Tuners are just awesome. They stay in tune just like the Sperzels (imho even better) and as a great extra they automatically cut the string! I am just in love with them and would definitely recommend you to check them out... This tuners at Stew-Mac

I used those on my first project. I'd use them again.

you can get sperzels in red,which i think goes nice with a black finish.

i have the red sperzels on my kxk v

Wes I Like The Sound Of That!! :D