Metal Telecaster

i really like Metallicaster i could even put it in themetallica font. i was thinking of getting some tele templates, getting a neck through body neck from carvin and goin from there, i want emgs 81 and 85 all black.

EMGs, 24 frets and neck-through-body... Does it share something else with the Tele? What woods are you going to use (besides maple and ebony from the carvin neck)?

YA Man I Had This Kinda Idea A While Back!! Keep It Clean Keep It Black

And Your Set,

My Plan is A 7-string Tele With And EMG-707 At the Bridge and One Push pull pot

And A Hipshot Bridge And The Whole Thing Black With Red Binding

And As Far As your Body Wood!! I say Maple

!!METAL MATT!! :D

i was just thinking the shape of a tele, i dont like anything but the look of them, their twang pisses me off. so to butch one up would create a supreme guitar, it'd be like a les paul with out the weight

Mahogany for the body then. You can make it thinner to reduce weight, and possibly also do a chambered construction, althou that will influence the sound, of cause.

If you chose the swamp ash body, and keep the string through body bridge, you will still end up with a lot of the twang from a tele. I did a Tele/Strat crossover with a few of your modifications: Thin swamp ash body with belly-cut, arm rest cut and an easy access neck joint. I put in my own T90-style pickups, tree like a strat, so that isn't for metal. It turned out very twang, but with a lot of LP junior puch, thanks to the T90s. Its my favourite guitar right now! :D

Peter

Edited by SwedishLuthier

YA Man I Had This Kinda Idea A While Back!!  Keep It Clean Keep It Black

And Your Set,

My Plan is A 7-string Tele With And EMG-707 At the Bridge and One Push pull pot 

And A Hipshot Bridge And The Whole Thing Black With Red Binding

And As Far As your Body Wood!! I say Maple

!!METAL MATT!! :D

whats the pushpull going to control????