The Twins

bigdguitars

not in the mood Godin.

600 positives? been selling wood for 5+ years....

and you know how much about figured wood?

it's 4a at the most.the quilt is not uniform all the way across the piece...that makes it not 5a as near as i can tell.

it is a very nice top...i just don't technically think it is 5a.not a big deal though...you have a good,clear picture of it.

it is a very nice top...i just don't technically think it is 5a.not a big deal though...you have a good,clear picture of it.

Exactly, I think that anyone who knows enough about figured wood generally pays zero attention to grades on ebay. If there were no pics and I got that body in the mail I would have somthing to say but there are good pics so I dont think thats an issue. With all the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA wood descriptions you see on ebay I cant see any informed person placing any value on that scale.

I don't see a problem with him calling that 5A. You guys know grading figured wood is not uniform in the industry. Some choose to grade 2A-"musical", some grade A-5A, some use "master" grade. I think this piece is uniform in color, has figure throughout the board and that figure is strong. If I graded it on a 2A,3A,4A,5A or Musical scale. I would think it would fall in the 5A/Musical(probably would have graded to 5A). Keep in mind. The "best" type of figure is subjective. I doubt you can find fault in that top, other than it not looking like your favorite figure.

Peace,Rich

Big D,

I think you do a fine job with your auctions. Obviously you have had a lot of success and great feedback. Price is market driven, and like you said you know how to price. I posted up to your Alder auction the other day. I was curious because it seemed odd or not up to your usual standards (which again I see as higher than what others hold to). This topics post was just to say it looks just like what you called it. It seems like you are frustrated with the comments, but take them for what they are worth. I personally think you do a good job.

Peace, Rich

I know what a lot of you mean. I had that same sort of LGM fustration, last week.

If I was not making money or if customers didn't want I wouldn't sell it, I win some auctions I loose others. All my prices are market driven, how many people you see list stuff at a penny? People pay what they want.

Side story, I bought a blues brothers poster a couple of years ago. i thought it was an original/ didn't matter to me if it was. I paid almost 270 bucks for a 10 reprint. Some dude was mifffed that spent the same amount. He wanted to file a complaint. I said I would have paid 500+ I wanted this poster for so long never have seen it again. I knew what I wanted and got it. People pay what they want. I didn't ask the guy back for 250 bucks, since it cost him all of 2 bucks to make...

Its like people want to comment when they don't have anything to say but still say something, thats the fustration.

I offer deals, I offer refunds, I call it as I see it, in my world. I have made some mistakes and learned from them. I know what I sell and I do a pretty good job at it.

lol I guess you are right on with that burl I sent you... email me back.

I like comments on my stuff it make me a better builder. I don't need comments from people who really don't get it. Its noise vs good feedback. boy I am getting annoyed with my own posts... how stupid is that?

Anyway buy my stuff... http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbigdguitars