Finally, Something New

You could take a different approach and have one neck with the vine and the other neck could have the disappearing pyramids?

I thought of that too and while not out of the question I'm not sure I can get all the colors to gel with each other

*cough*AboutTimeDesigns*cough*

:D

Scott-  Looks great so far.  I wonder where I've seen a body like that before....hmmm....

B)

I got your email and I'll get the pics to you ASAP.

Where do you think I got (Stole) the idea from considering you're the only person on the planet with a doubleneck jem? :D

Thanks for the pics Kev I REALLY Appreciate it

Heh heh. I'm sure your body is 100x better than the one I have here. The guy who started the project didn't really think it through when it came to the hardtail neck. I've had to 'make it work' with the routes he provided. I really like how yours is AANJ. I'm a little jealous.

BTW- I hear that Mr. Vai has a DN now as well. About damn time, Mr. Triple Neck.

LOL

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pick of it I'm using as wallpaper on one of my systems and for the life of me can't find where I got it?

Yeah, like a dumbass I forgot to bring my digital camera to the Vai show back in April in Lincoln. Standing three feet from the stage and I forgot the damn camera! I tried getting some pix with the camera phone but they just didn't turn out well at all. That guitar and bass were a sight to behold.

Okay, that's enough of me taking over Scott's thread...

Well, I've decided to use Gold Hardware on it. unfortunately I wont be using an Ibanez trem (too expensive) so it will be an Original Floyd on this one. (I have one already) Also the tuners will be Sperzel locking with Pearl buttons. the necks will be cut to basic shape tomorrow. I'll be ordering the fingerboards and truss rods this week. I'll post more pics of the necks tomorrow evening.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and compliments thus far. I really appreciate them :D

• 2 weeks later...
but I think one of those speedloaders would look at home there!

Not a Speedloader, It's getting an Original Floyd Rose, unless someone comes up with a Cheaper LoPro Edge in Gold from out of the Blue. Cheapest I've found is $235 shipped

Yor ge-tar mayk me sow hawny!

huked on foniks werkt for me too :D

• 4 weeks later...

OK! here's an update

I got the neck backs cut and glued up.

The Fingerboards also arrived today. I'll post pics of them after I get all the little inlays glued in.

BTW I went with Ebony boards and Turqouise vines :D

I changed my mind on the body finish, right now I'm thinking clear with a very slight black burst edge.

any comments?

I went with Ebony boards and Turqouise vines

:D Sounds killer man!!

Not so sure on the body finish...then again im rather fussy.... have you considered just a White finish? rather plain i know but I think it could look really nice!

Glad to see this project is coming along dude!,, Good luck with it!!

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Update: There's been a setback. the guy I git the inlays and fingerboards from shorted me 2 pieces of inlay. the large leaf on the 15th fret and the larger of the 2 leaves at the 24th fret. so needless to say I wont be getting the boards glued on this weekend :D

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

• 3 weeks later...